Cycling events for the rich only?

Friedpiggy

This got me thinking, i only got my first CC +/- 10 years ago....how on earth did i enter events before then [scratch head emoj]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Cheque card works as a credit card and if you can afford a bike you should in theory have a cheque card

Some banks are moving away from debit cards and will only be offering cheque cards. The only time a cheque card will not work is if its either not got a Card Not Present limit set or if its a new batch of PASA bin numbers and has not yet been reported to the payment gateway.

Capitec accounts aren't cheque accounts or cheque cards per say but they can be used online like a credit card, I have used mine many times like that.

Edited by Skylark

Slightly off topic but in the past you could only use a "garage card" for fuel and most of them where linked to your credit card. So my garage card I pay a small transaction fee but my credit card I don't pay at all. So when I got issued new cards last year I still got given a garage card even though I've stopped using it. Why do they even bother with them?

P.S. you have to have a credit card to hire a car. AFAIK.

Slightly off topic but in the past you could only use a "garage card" for fuel and most of them where linked to your credit card. So my garage card I pay a small transaction fee but my credit card I don't pay at all. So when I got issued new cards last year I still got given a garage card even though I've stopped using it. Why do they even bother with them?

P.S. you have to have a credit card to hire a car. AFAIK.

Last year we hired a Toyota Quantum to get everyone back from our Cycle Tour to Durban, and because it's classified as a High Risk vehicle they required 2 different credit cards for the holding deposit (R3K split over the 2 cards).

Edit: one of which must belong to the designated driver.

Edited by geraldm24