Team Exxaro - We do not need to heed to the LAW

Cois

This morning I spotted a group from Exxaro. Was kind of jealous for not being able to cycle due to a torn muscle in my foot.

But what happened a few seconds later left me in utter disgust of this team.

Remember that LAW that says you need to stop at a RED traffic light? Well it does not apply to them.

Thia happened at Persequor Technopark in Meiring Naude street at about 06h20.

When I spotted this law breaking I told the guys that they are breaking the law.

Now remember, these are Mountain Bikers, in FULL kit. The one front runner of the red light told me to f uck off.

Well how do you do... On a training ride, in full sponsor gear and you tell a citizen abiding by the law to f uck off?

And they are above one ore law... Cycling behind each other. Oh no not this team. Next to each other taking up a whole lane.

And sorry to,say this, but if you are dragging the name of cycling down the drain, please go and do that where you are in the bush, and not where I need to commute. If one of the Exxaro team gets killed by a car, all blame will fall from our cycling community on the car, but just how innocent are your cycling team.

Again, f uck me for obeying the law....

10919545_921126827906931_1814177311_n.jp

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am going to assume you don't know who Jus is...

Hmmm. You can give him a little more respect, trust me.

The suspense is killing me...

Wouldn't it have been easier to just tell us who "jus" is?

Most of you underestimate the value of a good commuter route, a commute where you don't have a death scare, I understand completely where OP is coming from. Its his route, he may not own it or have a right but feels responsible like every SA resident should feel about their country. I bet he has given away numerous tubes on that very same commute route to guys because he feels responsible. Now that K word response doesn't fly, OP has been on the hub a LOOOONG TIME, he knows the HUBS collective power and he has also been very liberal with his personal information so would be very easy to find. To post a rant here and email EXXARO just to have his behind chased by a big corporate looking at getting publicity "we fight racism everywhere" brownie points would not be wise even for a cave man in SA. Now JUS we want to hear your "guys" story because a simple 4 word " he called us kaffir" reply doesn't cut it. Ohh and tha development rider back story is also a bit thin. That team has been together for more than +-3 years and I can bet a black cent that 75% are older than 18 making them responsible adults who know that the are rules in life.

Am I the only one who is starting to find thehub pretty farkin tiresome?

100 he did she did they might you're wrong 3 sides to a story threads for every decent thread.

Now call me a kumbaya singing old utopian but isn't the primary goal of a site like this to swap info, stories, bike bits etc not to see who can rip someone else a new one?

I think by Jus the are implying that its Justice Makhale, head of development riders at EXXARO. Or an impostor with a knack for 3 letter words

I think by Jus the are implying that its Justice Makhale, head of development riders at EXXARO. Or an impostor with a knack for 3 letter words

Justice Makhale, never heard of her.

So, I have a question: say now, two weeks on and the OP sees a single cyclist skipping a red light. Is he now going to persue this robot skipper in the same manner? Lets say he does. How long is he going to keep this up? I mean isn't it fair that he now continues his crusade? I mean the reason he said he acted on it must still apply going forward, yes?

I think sometimes, we get a bug up our backside. And just on a perticular day, a single event is enough to drive us over the edge. And all we want to do is scratch that itch.

I agree that the law is the law. But if you want to act like the moral voice of society, then atleast grow a pair and be consistant in your crusade.

So, I have a question: say now, two weeks on and the OP sees a single cyclist skipping a red light. Is he now going to persue this robot skipper in the same manner? Lets say he does. How long is he going to keep this up? I mean isn't it fair that he now continues his crusade? I mean the reason he said he acted on it must still apply going forward, yes?

I think sometimes, we get a bug up our backside. And just on a perticular day, a single event is enough to drive us over the edge. And all we want to do is scratch that itch.

I agree that the law is the law. But if you want to act like the moral voice of society, then atleast grow a pair and be consistant in your crusade.

Dude seriously, stop it. Your attempts to paint the OP as the idiot here are not working.

The team was wrong, accept it, get over it, move on.

MJ, or the real MJ..

You are missing the point. These guys (EXXARO) are riding in fully sponsored kit, head-to-toe. They are going to be on your Tellie for the next 8 days, seen by thousands of people all over the world. Unfortunately if you have that spotlight on you, you need to be a good image to the company/organisation, point.

But it seems to me you are one of that guys that won't leave this, always need to have the last say..

Friday yet..?

Cheers

As crass and insensitive our 'Cois can be at times I do not see him using that term and if it turns out he did I would be highly disappointed!

Hmmmmmmm interesting. So he can be cras and insensitive yet won't use the k-word?

Really isn't the k-word cras and insensitive?

I hear that word being used all the time at commuters. Heck there was even a case of the k- word in the CTCT on Sunday . No one said anything to the person who used the word except me, and that earned me some abuse from those defending the cras insensitive arse wipe who used the. All the rider (recipient of the verbal abuse) did was hop into a gap in a faster moving train in the peloton. Nothing ever gets done about the racial abuse in the races because even though there are witnesses it's always ok to be a racist because t not on to be an overly enthusiastic cyclist.

Based on what hear in events I can believe on probability that the k-word was hurled. Did it actually happen? I don't know but I'm willing to give them benefit of the doubt

Hmmmmmmm interesting. So he can be cras and insensitive yet won't use the k-word?

Really isn't the k-word cras and insensitive?

I hear that word being used all the time at commuters. Heck there was even a case of the k- word in the CTCT on Sunday . No one said anything to the person who used the word except me, and that earned me some abuse from those defending the cras insensitive arse wipe who used the. All the rider (recipient of the verbal abuse) did was hop into a gap in a faster moving train in the peloton. Nothing ever gets done about the racial abuse in the races because even though there are witnesses it's always ok to be a racist because t not on to be an overly enthusiastic cyclist.

Based on what hear in events I can believe on probability that the k-word was hurled. Did it actually happen? I don't know but I'm willing to give them benefit of the doubt

Where did I say 'won't'?

The red light,

I'll say I'm one to also always say "come on", but then riding down towards Rand Water in the south, they have a light there also, which we skip on a Saturday/Sunday morning ride, so I'm not innocent either, BUT to then respond to a person of the public with foil language, I don't care what the circumstances, it's not called for and just shows who you really are.

G

C'mon dude, you are a cyclist and a motorist and trying to convince us that you have never broken a law ???? So you've never not stopped at a stop street. Never skipped a red robot. That is in car or on bike. Never driven without a seatbelt, never spoken on your phone while driving...................Amazing !!

Because if you have never broken the law, then point figures. And I'm sure you've told people to f.off before.

Archived