[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

Rick Sanchez

Do we need our SAS boards for this, spending the night close to the start and managed to forget him at home. Will there be a chance to buy a new one at registration tomorrow morning?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see SAS mentioned as doing the seeding but didn't see mention of them doing the timing, or that we need SAS boards?

Awesome morning hey peeps. With the flu and nausea, I managed to not dismount once except that very steep section of the monster. Was about 30m I had to walk.

Like a tool, I grabbed a banana from the hydration station just before the monster. Any food did not sit well with me because of the nausea.

So out of all the climbing, I walked 30m on that one section. Lesson learned - no more eating.

As usual, awesome morning out. Now it's braai and whiskey time.

Tough day on the bike , the new route is tougher than the old one and I guess we'll be back again next year . Distance and elevation is now 73 km and 1470 meters elevation over the toughest rockiest trails I've ever had the displeasure of riding .

Edited by Clinton H

What a tough one, just got up after a quick nap and almost fell on my face. My legs are gone! Nowhere to be found...

Seriously starting to reconsider running 8km tomorrow.

Ok, I know Im a roadie and ride a hardtail, but that new downhill after the top of the monster was seriously anoying and no fun to ride. It hurt me more than the climb.

Otherwise, good organisation as always. Just wish they would learn that if they added new graspolle, then dont advertise it as new singletrack.

The graspolle was not fun at all... Will only considering  doing it again on a dual suspension. Really did not enjoy the last section where the route join up with the 30km. Cant pass them because of the back markers coming head on. Nearly took out a lady around a corner.

Well organised event and had a lot of fun but some of the sections with graspolle not fun.

Also almost took out people on two occasions where we were going in different directions .

Although I screamed ahead to keep left to the people coming my way had a couple of near misses and had to leave the trial on three occasions while flying downhill.

They should at least warn the people of this . Otherwise enjoyed myself and went a bit faster than last year

True test of a Full suspension bike and it,s rider .This is still a MTB event .If you don,t like graspolle ,there is always Babbas .My condolences to the Hard-tail riders .I am happy the event stays true to it,s reputation .The cooler weather was a blessing !

First time on the big boys loop so can't compare to old route.

Monster def deserves its name. Suffered less than expected and happy with sub 5 (just!!)