[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #4 BUNDU BASH

WesselvdWalt

Lyk of MJ maar bietjie meer moet oefen om aan die voorkant van die pak te kom en dalk nie aan wedrenne deelneem as dit te duur is nie.

Markellis - mens skryf nie vir 'n wedren in vir die goodie bag nie!  :ph34r: My dogtertjie het hom geniet!

I had a blast! It's been a long time since I last raced one of these races. Started in D and got away with a guy named Alex. Got stuck behind some girls from B who missed all the berms going down the supertube  :eek:  and then stuck behind B girls again on the Kwagga climb where Alex got away. It was "lippe teen die klippe" all the way, but good fun!

I'm no expert, but I enjoyed the track - looks like it catered for everyone. 

Just a comment on the pathetic drinks table at the finish with only 2 people helping and no Coke/cold water! Come on guys, you can do better than that!

Early on I realised that today will become a ride of sorts.

I found that running in the middle of the pack presented a new view: having so much singletrack at the end of race, gives you zero chance to sit up and have a drink especially when the temperature was rising and hydration started becoming an issue. Kudo's to the organisers for starting earlier.

I am also not fond off paying R270 to ride at the bikepark. That is a bit of a rip off as basically that is what it felt like: riding at a bike park.

Traffic out of the venue was a nightmare basically because of the strange security measures taken. Kudo's for having marshalls to get traffic out of the venue into the main road.

Nou waar wil jy ry MJ?

Well, what can i say.. what a awesome race, even tho it was only the Half marathon.. it was my first time out racing againts fellow bikers, and what a great experience. Friendly people, saw a lot of people stopping and helping others that came down.. Sorry for the guy that came down after he's chain broke just before we hit the single tracks.. Hope your ok buddy !!!

For the lady, Danelle, that encouraged me and drove with me half way through the race, thanks, that was fun.

Pitty about the end, where 1 guy had to run around for water when you actually wanted a coke (or a beer) and only 1 side ... 2 sides with tables would have worked Much better.  :-)

Thanks

Edited by RaZor_007

Great race, well organised and a lovely route (but dry and dusty!).

There were a few hold-ups on singletrack with the ladies but that's racing for you.

I found the race a good balance of climbing, single track and gravel road.

Already signed up for round #5.

Just one small moan / request: PLEASE can we have WATER at the finish?

Lyk of MJ maar bietjie meer moet oefen om aan die voorkant van die pak te kom en dalk nie aan wedrenne deelneem as dit te duur is nie.

Markellis - mens skryf nie vir 'n wedren in vir die goodie bag nie!  :ph34r: My dogtertjie het hom geniet!

I had a blast! It's been a long time since I last raced one of these races. Started in D and got away with a guy named Alex. Got stuck behind some girls from B who missed all the berms going down the supertube  :eek:  and then stuck behind B girls again on the Kwagga climb where Alex got away. It was "lippe teen die klippe" all the way, but good fun!

I'm no expert, but I enjoyed the track - looks like it catered for everyone. 

Just a comment on the pathetic drinks table at the finish with only 2 people helping and no Coke/cold water! Come on guys, you can do better than that!

Jammer edelagbare. Ek het nie besef ek spreek die top ryer in groep D so informeel aan nie.

As jy vroeer by die waterpunte aankom sal jy koue water kry.

Miskien moet jy meer oefen dat jy nie agter die groep B ladies vashaak nie.

Jis maar daar is darm altyd mense wat moun.  Die effort wat Advendurance en die associated bike parks insit om hierdie Nissan, DualX en ook die Ashburton reeks aanmekaar te sit is mind boggling en ek betaal daai entry fee met 'n smile elke keer.  Ek kan net dink hoe die ouens moet sukkel om daai berms en singletrack te bou en instand te hou met die droogte wat ons ook nou nog beleef.  Vergelyk bietjie die prys met sommige stage races asook die road events in die omgewing en jy sal verbaas wees wat dit kos.  Vat vir Advendurance uit die prentjie en die mountainbike scene volg dalk dieselfde roete as ons road events.   Dankie Fritz en span vir julle great events.

Enjoyed the marathon! Started in G batch and managed a 3:34 . Not sure if that is good or not anyway was leke to be out amongst fellow riders. My new Trance was loving this route! Power signed up for Cullinan!

Jis maar daar is darm altyd mense wat moun. Die effort wat Advendurance en die associated bike parks insit om hierdie Nissan, DualX en ook die Ashburton reeks aanmekaar te sit is mind boggling en ek betaal daai entry fee met 'n smile elke keer. Ek kan net dink hoe die ouens moet sukkel om daai berms en singletrack te bou en instand te hou met die droogte wat ons ook nou nog beleef. Vergelyk bietjie die prys met sommige stage races asook die road events in die omgewing en jy sal verbaas wees wat dit kos. Vat vir Advendurance uit die prentjie en die mountainbike scene volg dalk dieselfde roete as ons road events. Dankie Fritz en span vir julle great events.

Absolutely agree

Jammer edelagbare. Ek het nie besef ek spreek die top ryer in groep D so informeel aan nie.

Jy is vergewe! Spaar solank vir die volgende een - sien jou dalk daar! Ek sal waai as ek verby kom...

Edited by sias

Jy is vergewe! Spaar solank vir die volgende een - sien jou dalk daar! Ek sal waai as ek verby kom...

Gelukkig is #5 nie in 'n bike park nie!