[Event] Nissan Trailseeker WC #1 BOSCHENDAL

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How tall is tall? Did u get socks?????

Only VERY tall guys will tell you they are tall,.. 3meters plus...

Then he is gonna need very long socks lol

Not freakishly tall, just taller than most. Sorry to disappoint. Combine that with the branded kit and the hardtail and I'm sure you'll be pretty close  ;)

Call me a fair weather rider, but with this south easter blowing I'm glad I didn't enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that was good! All kinds of terrain, tough, well marked and no traffic jams. Shorter routes did not interfere with the marathon at all. Felt like an Epic lite stage, well planned top class event!! Can see Nissan Trailseeker made an effort this year.

Edited by Sammyboy

Half marathon route was ok, but that wind!  Riding that rocky jeep track with the wind at an angle from the front was not fun.  Could not get rhythm, and picking a line was tough with the wind changing your line against your will.

Edited by Moridin

BTW, my wife did the 20 and bought a big piece of Boschendal.  To any that stopped and helped her, thank you.  Not sure if there was any hubbers that would have done the 20 though.

Edited by Moridin

The marathon was a proper mountain bike ride!  I loved it!  Absolutely zero traffic, so I could attack all of the downhills.  The wind sucked, but that can't be helped.

The route marking was excellent and the terrain..!!  It was special.  Absolutely awesome!  

I really enjoyed the marathon. That was my third ride at sky fall and again I couldn't stop smiling all the way down but the 'inferno' 'sugar bowl' and 'slingshot' earlier on we're definitely worth a mention.

The organization for this event was top class!!! To the organisers, give yourselves a big pat on the backs. It seems u shut us skeptics mouths. You set the bar high, so pls maintain it. I loved everything about it. Well marked, great refreshment stations, lots and lots and lots of route marshalls and fantastic route. Can't wait for #2.

Edited by Sparki 1

Fantastic race and route! The organiser's have really levelled up with this one.

I really appreciate the women's start batch at these races- it makes for more interesting racing and less congested single track.

Thanks Advendurance  :thumbup:

Anyone notice the timing being a bit odd for some people? I'm still trying to figure it out myself. No accusations just yet  ;)