[Event] Nissan Trailseeker WC #1 BOSCHENDAL

WesselvdWalt

Anyone notice the timing being a bit odd for some people? I'm still trying to figure it out myself. No accusations just yet  ;)

Yip, timing does not correspond with my time on my Garmin (total time). There timing about 15 minutes more than my total time recorded on my Garmin. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Garmin Auto Pauses when you walk uphills and that's why the official time is longer than the time on your Garmin................or that's how it works in my case  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Anyone notice the timing being a bit odd for some people? I'm still trying to figure it out myself. No accusations just yet  ;)

Yep, my official time is out by 4 minutes. Same with my girlfriend who started in a different group.

Check strava flyby. Few people went off course. I also had a few instances where people finished in front of me but didnt go past in the race.

My time is also off compared to my total recording time on Strava (not just moving time), but I wasn't in contention for any prize money so it doesn't really bother me.

Yip. My time is off by 5 minutes (longer in the results than on my Polar).

Was odd that they didn't have someone checking us into the batch pen. C and D seemed to start together too. is that normal?

Yip. My time is off by 5 minutes (longer in the results than on my Polar).

Was odd that they didn't have someone checking us into the batch pen. C and D seemed to start together too. is that normal?

C and D were never meant to start together. some of the D riders did manage to dodge the marshal and slip into the C batch.

My finish time according to SASeeding  was 5 min longer than my recorded time. I time all my rides with my cell phone as well and not just with my computer.

My own time is about 5 minutes off as well. I'm not too bothered though. Had a great day out regardless.

I also noticed also time discrepancies in the women's group where riders started together.

C and D were never meant to start together. some of the D riders did manage to dodge the marshal and slip into the C batch.

My finish time according to SASeeding  was 5 min longer than my recorded time. I time all my rides with my cell phone as well and not just with my computer.

Must be honest I didn't even see a marshal.

Didn't seem to make sense that B was such a small batch and then have C and D put together making it a huge group. 

But it looks like they used the D batch start time for C and D which would have added 5 minutes to C batch riders?

My timing was spot on to my garmin. Really a great event and was very well organised, besides the above mentioned fact that there were no marshalls at the starting gates, but I'm sure that didn't ruin the race for anyone.

Does anybody know if all of the trails used in the race are open to the public? And if they are is it part of a conservancy/reserve where you need to buy a permit?

My timing was spot on to my garmin. Really a great event and was very well organised, besides the above mentioned fact that there were no marshalls at the starting gates, but I'm sure that didn't ruin the race for anyone.

Does anybody know if all of the trails used in the race are open to the public? And if they are is it part of a conservancy/reserve where you need to buy a permit?

Not a fact dude, I took off in C and there was a marshal pleading that only C riders to come forward. He even checked my board for the C sticker. I think the confusion came in that C and D started in the same shuts.

Must be honest I didn't even see a marshal.

Didn't seem to make sense that B was such a small batch and then have C and D put together making it a huge group. 

But it looks like they used the D batch start time for C and D which would have added 5 minutes to C batch riders?

It was a bit silly having C and D in the same shute. But no problem, the ride was great.

Great event but their are problems with the half marathon ladies results...maybe for other categories but I only paid attention to this one (where my daughter was racing). SASeeding have corrected it in the race results but not in the series standings (points)...which if you are a junior/youth racing for regional points then it does matter. Hope they sort it out.