[Event] Nissan Trailseeker WC #1 BOSCHENDAL

WesselvdWalt

So true cape will improve my ppa mtb seeding and boschendal will improve my SA seeding.

The latter counts toward w2w seeding right?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the below average experience with the Ashburton Marathon I was looking forward to ride the Trailseeker series this year.

Now the first event is concurrent with TruCape which is part of the established PPA series, a gem of a race and must do for many. Be there Skyfall or not, sorry, TruCape it will be. And the last event is at the same weekend than the W2W Race.

I think if you bring a new race series into a region you should not compete with a local series and stay clear of the dates of the most popular stage race of that region... Maybe it's just me but I cannot understand how that could have been missed or ignored.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going!  Doing the marathon.  Really hope that it's one of the good ones, and not a stuff up one.   :whistling:

I decided to go ride the trails this past weekend rather. Absolutely sublime manicured ST. Can't imagine that it'd be much fun with a million other riders, descending whilst seated and rear brakes dragging all the way.

I am doing it to support my 2 boys.  My eldest is gunning for a top 10 in the half marathon. Else I would have done the Tru Cape rather.

I decided to go ride the trails this past weekend rather. Absolutely sublime manicured ST. Can't imagine that it'd be much fun with a million other riders, descending whilst seated and rear brakes dragging all the way.

surely you never rode down Skyfalls which as far as I know is not open to the public?

Here we go again, event was original supposed to start at 7:30, i see now its been shifted out to 8am.

surely you never rode down Skyfalls which as far as I know is not open to the public?

Afaik, Skyfall is on Bartinney which is further on Helshoogte. 

I am still tempted to do the race as that valley is kinda magnificent, but I haven't done a lot of longer distance riding the last few while. 1500m of climbing isn't an issue for me, but if it's going to be like Grabouw last year with an added extra 300m then I might not enjoy all that singletrack.

See you all there. Tall guy on the hardtail with Bike Hub kit. Say hello!

How tall is tall? Did u get socks?????

Was at Boschendal this afternoon to register, and the wind was pumping there.

Sorry Nick, the socks question was meant for Moridin.