mon-goose

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess what you're doing this week end?

He will get to the gun shop and find they are out of stock of all the stuff he is looking for. Like Safari and Outdoor, which is why I call them Safari and Out Of Stock.

They never have the bullets that I want for range work. And neither the primers that I want.

Edited by Moridin

He will get to the gun shop and find they are out of stock of all the stuff he is looking for. Like Safari and Outdoor, which is why I call them Safari and Out Of Stock.

They never have the bullets that I want for range work. And neither the primers that I want.

i have a gun. i have 2 boxes of rounds. i have a holster. some poor piece of cardboard is going to kuk this weekend.... :)

On 4/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, Snytjie said:

Edited by Snytjie
privacy

i have a gun. i have 2 boxes of rounds. i have a holster. some poor piece of cardboard is going to kuk this weekend.... :)

Congrats!!! Always an awesome feeling collecting after such a long wait!

PS. I'm too lazy to go look at what you got. What did you get?

Either way I would suggest you look into doing your DSS and getting a reloading system. On my G21 I dropped the cost per round (now these are only range rounds) from around R6.50 per round to R2.20 (depending on what Cyril does to the rand). By no means is this to save money, as the cheaper the ammo the more you shoot...

Either way I would suggest you look into doing your DSS and getting a reloading system. On my G21 I dropped the cost per round (now these are only range rounds) from around R6.50 per round to R2.20 (depending on what Cyril does to the rand). By no means is this to save money, as the cheaper the ammo the more you shoot...

I went down this route a few years ago and let me tell, you, it becomes a deep, dark money and time pit very quickly. Reloading equipment, even second hand, is expensive. 

If you don't shoot every weekend, just buying factory reloads is an option. 

CZ P07 .40 calibre

Good shot. How far away?

Thanks. That was at 15 meters. That was 300 rounds of mixed ammo, lots of different weights and loads. I Was also shooting quite fast and double tapping a lot to get the cases cleared for reloading. I Can get some better groupings when using decent factory or my own reloaded ammo.  

Thanks. That was at 15 meters. That was 300 rounds of mixed ammo, lots of different weights and loads. I Was also shooting quite fast and double tapping a lot to get the cases cleared for reloading. I Can get some better groupings when using decent factory or my own reloaded ammo.  

I would hang those up on my perimeter wall, just to show any potential intruders that you won't miss.

It is more cost effective to reload if you are shooting a lot. R2.20 a round is not bad for 45 ACP. My 9mm P reloads comes out to R2.35 a round using decent FMJ's. (last time I did the maths) 

It is more cost effective to reload if you are shooting a lot. R2.20 a round is not bad for 45 ACP. My 9mm P reloads comes out to R2.35 a round using decent FMJ's. (last time I did the maths) 

Yah mine works out very cheap. But also I do not run premium parts. Buy casings as and when I get them cheap, mostly shot once before, bullets I run 200gr frontier's which work out to around R1.00 a pop when buying a thousand or so at a time, primers are S&B (which cost around R350-R450 a box of 1000), with powder making up the balance.