RIFLE

mon-goose

If you want sub-compact that is not a Glock, the S&W M&P Shield gets my vote as well. I'm considering the compact version.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are wanting a sub-compact have a look and feel for S&W M&P Shield 9.

I am biased but really like the sights on the M&P :thumbup:

mmmmm

just watched a short youtube review, seems a visit to the local club & gunshop is on the horizon.

I have a CZ100 9mm, polymer plastic grip and bottom piece, very accurate, also 12 + 1 if I remember correctly. Small, light and easy to carry.

Nicest shooting bench I've used for a while! The Caldwell Lead Sled takes away the recoil and is a truly dead steady rest. Extremely useful for testing large caliber loads for accuracy where shooting plenty will hurt and stuff up your test. I also use it for setting up telescopes. 

post-17716-0-07044100-1563206434_thumb.jpg

so today i buy my first rifle. Nothing fancy but i think a good starting rifle and will give me a few years practice until i buy something really nice one day. So I'm buying a remington 783 . 270 calibre

Decided not to go for the 30-06 or 308 as I won't shoot much other than springbuck for now. Once I'm a lot more competent with shooting I can look at something else.

But for now I'm happy. Now to start the license application process. Can't decide if should apply for the occasional hunting and sports license as I don't have a lot of preious experience to apply for the dedicated license.

Nicest shooting bench I've used for a while! The Caldwell Lead Sled takes away the recoil and is a truly dead steady rest. Extremely useful for testing large caliber loads for accuracy where shooting plenty will hurt and stuff up your test. I also use it for setting up telescopes. 

I have an old Lead Sled Solo.It's nice and compact and my AR fitted nicely with the 20 round mag.

Don't use it much now though as i seem to use the bipod and sandbag for the majority of shooting.

. So I'm buying a remington 783 . 270 calibre

You'll be happy.

Did you go for the synthetic stock with the heavy match barrel?

so i had doubts about the Remington 270 and didn't go through with the purchase. I'm worried I'm going to regret the plastic type stock. Will give it a few more days thought as I won't be able to buy another rifle for a while

Also wanted to ask if there is anyone in the pe,/ despatch area who might be willing to go have a look at a secondhand rifle for me and give me their opinion. I stay in Cape town and saw a possible option there.