RIFLE

mon-goose

I wish I had the money for a 338 

Me too  :wacko:

I Have a friend who owns one. His setup set him back R110k. Now and then I get the opportunity to fire a couple of shots with it. You get a lekke warm and fuzzy SNIPER feeling when handling and firing it. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME  :w00t: !  

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too  :wacko:

I Have a friend who owns one. His setup set him back R110k. Now and then I get the opportunity to fire a couple of shots with it. You get a lekke warm and fuzzy SNIPER feeling when handling and firing it. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME  :w00t: !  

Still only half the price of a plastic Spez wih a nice paintjob.

A bargain methinks!! 

Today we drank a toast to St Hubert, patron of hunters, dogs and knife makers. We remembered Rufus who died 1 year ago and we wished Stella, who is in training to follow in his footsteps, all the best retrieving a dog could ever wish for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubertus

Robert baratheon is that you?

Robert baratheon is that you?

It does sound a bit like Game of Thrones  :blush:  ;)   :D

Confession time: At those ranges, I must admit that I would drive to the 750 m mark, then stalk to the 250 m mark before looking for a nice solid dead rest....... :blush:

My current goal is to constantly hit 15" plates at 300m with the .22.I am @200m now and make the odd hit @250m.

Guys in the club are constantly hitting @500m.A guy in America recently shot a grouping with a Vudoo .22 at 1000 yards.

Edited by gummibear

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have spent the last few days on youtube drooling over shotguns!

Can one arrange with a gun range to try one out, with a quick safety check/lesson for someone who has not grown up around or used guns, and then go knock off a couple of shells on the range?

The absolute simplicity of the shotgun, and the brute force have a certain allure for me.

Hi Hairy

The people at False Bay Gun Club offers something like that. Contact them and ask what they can do. I would recommend specifically asking if they can let you try out an over & under shotgun on clay pigeons. Ask if they will supply you with ear and eye protection and a shooting jacket. Try and avoid pump action and auto-feeding shotguns for a first time (they are just more complex). Shooting clays in flight is probably the most fun you can have with a shotgun (except if we ever have a zombie apocalypse). It is also not particularly difficult if you set it up right.

https://www.firearmtrainingacademy.co.za/contact/

Edited by DJR

Both the two above do this commercially, and I'm sure will want their shiny coin for doing it. Another approach would be to contact the Durbanville Shooting Club for advice. They have a shotgun range with trap machines and have an active group of members shooting clays regularly. Perhaps they can point you in the direction of someone? Or perhaps they do something like that to introduce newbies?

https://www.ctsasa.co.za/club/durbanville-shooting-club/

Edited by DJR

Hi Hairy

The people at False Bay Gun Club offers something like that. Contact them and ask what they can do. I would recommend specifically asking if they can let you try out an over & under shotgun on clay pigeons. Ask if they will supply you with ear and eye protection and a shooting jacket. Try and avoid pump action and auto-feeding shotguns for a first time (they are just more complex). Shooting clays in flight is probably the most fun you can have with a shotgun (except if we ever have a zombie apocalypse). It is also not particularly difficult if you set it up right.

https://www.firearmtrainingacademy.co.za/contact/

Noob question .... why a shooting specific jacket?

Noob question .... why a shooting specific jacket?

The shoulder is padded to absorb some recoil and has loads of pockets to keep spare shells in.

Ok, I have spent the last few days on youtube drooling over shotguns!

Can one arrange with a gun range to try one out, with a quick safety check/lesson for someone who has not grown up around or used guns, and then go knock off a couple of shells on the range?

The absolute simplicity of the shotgun, and the brute force have a certain allure for me.

Beretta Silver Pigeon.....