[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to be "that guy" but keep a ear on the ground; apparently serivce delivery unrest in Phillie is being planned to disrupt the event. Not sure of organizers can verify if extra measures have been taken; but this is from a local in town.

oh my word!!!!! I sincerely hope this is not true!

Good morning everyone.  There were some protest action earlier this week but we had meetings with the community leaders in town and resolved the issues.  We have the commitment from them that there will be no protests this coming Saturday so please come and enjoy the day with us and support the local community.

Good morning everyone.  There were some protest action earlier this week but we had meetings with the community leaders in town and resolved the issues.  We have the commitment from them that there will be no protests this coming Saturday so please come and enjoy the day with us and support the local community.

Great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Thats good news Jedlo, would have been a pity if the event was soured!! 

wow.. wow.. what a well organised race, amazing weather. 8 very friendly water points, one with a spread I have never seen, lots of route markers

Yes the sand was challenging, did not pick up many thorns, and one misplaced marker did create a detour through some water hazard, but overall I will be back for sure next year...

wow.. wow.. what a well organised race, amazing weather. 8 very friendly water points, one with a spread I have never seen, lots of route markers

Yes the sand was challenging, did not pick up many thorns, and one misplaced marker did create a detour through some water hazard, but overall I will be back for sure next year...

8 Waterpoints!!??? Goodness!,..did anyone drown?! Good stuff Philidelphia, nice reports here! Edited by Brandon78

Awesome race as well. That last bit of that long climb in the beginning was insanely steep. Had to unclip that last 100m or so. But the view at the top made it worthwhile.

I really enjoyed this race and will definitely be back. I think if the race was pushed back a month or so it'll make it even more enjoyable.

I did the 40 km (looked about 38/39 km) and enjoyed it. Well organised, nice atmosphere, good water points and a great view at the top of the big climb to the mast.

The sandy section(s) were tough, but fun as long as you kept peddling like crazy! Nice event overall.

:clap:

Well organized race! Can't ask for a better community to host an event. Plenty of water points with very friendly people. Well done on all the great changes from last year's route. I will definitely be back.

Some constructive criticism: When marking the route take a cyclist along. We look differently at a route than the view from a bakkie. 90% was very well marked but in some areas the arrows was a bit misleading. Change the official distance to 66km (I actually got 67.4km). Not a big deal for me but it is rather longer than 63km and when you suffer it is a loooooong way:)

Other than that you guys can give some lessons to other people organizing mtb events. Job well done!!!!!!!!!

Agree with all the comments here. Well done Philly! Thought id make special mention of those 200g burgers and beer for 50 rondts. Great stuff. Thorns werent that much of an issue. Sand was not ideal but brought another dimension to the ride. We will see you again in 2017.

Agree with all the comments here. Well done Philly! Thought id make special mention of those 200g burgers and beer for 50 rondts. Great stuff. Thorns werent that much of an issue. Sand was not ideal but brought another dimension to the ride. We will see you again in 2017.

Also had one of those burgers... they were really good , cant wait for next years event, maybe this time I will take a longer breather at the top to take in the view