News bot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be upgrading my ht from XT 3x10 to SLx 2X11

Will keep my XT brakes though.

And possibly the XT RD/crank - would really just need the SLX cassette and shifter if the pull ratio is right.

Pretty. I love watching all these upgrades fly past me as I choose to sit it out and wait for the logical/financially responsible time to upgrade. I feel like by the time I have the money to upgrade everything is going to be awesome. I might even get some of this kit second hand. Nice.

And possibly the XT RD/crank - would really just need the SLX cassette and shifter if the pull ratio is right.

And rear derailleur - 10sp RD doesn't work on an 11sp cassette. And different chain rings.

*Edit* and a chain...

Edited by dirtypot

And rear derailleur - 10sp RD doesn't work on an 11sp cassette. And different chain rings.

*Edit* and a chain...

So my Kalbo Oval won't work???

Yes it will 

:whistling:

Will also be putting my RD on my mate's 11Spd setup tomorrow to see what happens, I've taken a vernier to the linkages and plates on the 2 RDs and they are the same, just need to test the theory.

That will/should work too as the shifter determines how far the derailleur will move . Unless Shimano have changed that now too .

Doesn't look much cheaper than XT upgrade.  Currently R3822 on CRC, while this would be R3400 at R15/$ (Derailleur, shifter, chain, cassette and chainring).

Doesn't look much cheaper than XT upgrade. Currently R3822 on CRC, while this would be R3400 at R15/$ (Derailleur, shifter, chain, cassette and chainring).

And last week you were able to pick up the upgrade kit from CWC for just under R4k.

• 2 months later...

I see the prices are out and evobikes has some components in stock.

Really disappointing that Evobikes SLX upgrade kit's price is only R400 cheaper than CWC XT upgrade kit.

Heres hoping that CWC would bring them in and cheap.

I see the prices are out and evobikes has some components in stock.

Really disappointing that Evobikes SLX upgrade kit's price is only R400 cheaper than CWC XT upgrade kit.

Heres hoping that CWC would bring them in and cheap.

Yep, at those price points, it doesn't really make sense to not go XT.

I wonder how much they go for internationally.