New Shimano SLX M7000 groupset goes 11-speed

News bot

Yep, at those price points, it doesn't really make sense to not go XT.

I wonder how much they go for internationally.

I've had a upgrade kit separate in my basket at CRC for a while now and with brexit its done to R2700 for cassette, deraileur, chain and shifter.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, at those price points, it doesn't really make sense to not go XT.

I wonder how much they go for internationally.

If we use a HG600 Chain instead of 601 it is R200 cheaper...

XT had a price increase - you will soon see it everywhere!

I've had a upgrade kit separate in my basket at CRC for a while now and with brexit its done to R2700 for cassette, deraileur, chain and shifter.

That's way more reasonable. I'll probably end up getting a brakeset from there, unless cwcycles comes to the party with one of their awesome deals.

Ex VAT? and Shipping?

yes ex vat incl shipping. shipping free over 130 pounds.

So if you add vat its still 15% cheaper. That to me is still a lot.

yes ex vat incl shipping. shipping free over 130 pounds.

So if you add vat its still 15% cheaper. That to me is still a lot.

Snail mail shipping yes. But not DHL. Our price includes free shipping within SA. As I said - we will offer a cheaper option with a cheaper chain (600 instead of 601 or 701).

Brexit makes all prices look good... Unfortunately the Pound tanked against USD so as soon as the prices are adjusted it will be +/- 10% more/

My 2c!

That's way more reasonable. I'll probably end up getting a brakeset from there, unless cwcycles comes to the party with one of their awesome deals.

Snail mail shipping yes. But not DHL. Our price includes free shipping within SA. As I said - we will offer a cheaper option with a cheaper chain (600 instead of 601 or 701).

Brexit makes all prices look good... Unfortunately the Pound tanked against USD so as soon as the prices are adjusted it will be +/- 10% more/

My 2c!

Niks teen jou nie Naas, hence why ek nie op jou thread gaan comment het nie.

I wont fit it now so snail mail is fine and i know of 2 other guys also waiting for local prices so if we klap orders together its like R100 more for DHL if they want it.

Niks teen jou nie Naas, hence why ek nie op jou thread gaan comment het nie.

I wont fit it now so snail mail is fine and i know of 2 other guys also waiting for local prices so if we klap orders together its like R100 more for DHL if they want it.

No problem en op die oomblik is alles op CRC 'n goeie deal danksy Brexit!

I see the prices are out and evobikes has some components in stock.

Really disappointing that Evobikes SLX upgrade kit's price is only R400 cheaper than CWC XT upgrade kit.

Heres hoping that CWC would bring them in and cheap.

Just remember that Evo buys locally, while cwc goes parallel for a bucket load of their stock.

This backup may not be an issue with these components, but I have been burned with a wheelset where I couldn't get the replacement proprietary rim and had to build an entire wheel.

The money I initially saved, got lost when I needed support

I never said his prices was not good, and as he said with the pound in its state it is everything became cheaper over night. I ordered something on tuesday from a UK company and they didn't have stock so they reimbursed me, i got 10% less back on the credit then what i paid for the items all thanks to brexit.

also some of the XT upgrade kits still have that ugly non-ispec shifter.... shudder....