Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

I recall my first ever rear shock - a float on a Raleigh RDS. It started making a noise like a loose headset over bumps. It must have gone back to Omnico 3 times or more. Eventually they believed me and replaced the shock but it was a massive mission to get them to that point.

A 32 will never feel like a Pike - its comparable to a Fox 36. I have an a 150mm Talas 32  CTD. Its not great and certainly no match for my Pike, but it works reasonably well after some tuning. Sounds like yours is a dud - I'd push for a new one.

every story here is the same with omnico. It takes at least 3 attempts to get any joy and that's if you even get that lucky .

Granted but the 36 will have there brand new fit 4 damper in it,which is basically the same damper that is in my factory 32. Have owned a pike before and if fox are trying to compare the fit 4 to the pike ,there so far off the mark if what they are telling me is true. That there is no issues with the fork internals.

When it went back the first time brand new out the box with only limited travel that's when I should of caused more of a stir. Have a video of that ,must find it.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every story here is the same with omnico. It takes at least 3 attempts to get any joy and that's if you even get that lucky .

Granted but the 36 will have there brand new fit 4 damper in it,which is basically the same damper that is in my factory 32. Have owned a pike before and if fox are trying to compare the fit 4 to the pike ,there so far off the mark if what they are telling me is true. That there is no issues with the fork internals.

When it went back the first time brand new out the box with only limited travel that's when I should of caused more of a stir. Have a video of that ,must find it.

To clarify - they're comparing the FIT4 damper to the Charger damper. Not the pike. The 34 with FIT & 36 with FIT is what they're comparing to the pike due to the stiffness of the chassis and the damper. 

Fox 32 is fighting with the SID & REBA. 

To clarify - they're comparing the FIT4 damper to the Charger damper. Not the pike. The 34 with FIT & 36 with FIT is what they're comparing to the pike due to the stiffness of the chassis and the damper. 

Fox 32 is fighting with the SID & REBA.

fighting with the rider maybe,but that's about all.

BTW, with regards to my Easton wheels with problematic spokes.  After try number 2 I gave up, bought new spokes and gave the wheels to a competent wheel builder to fix. I mean, the material that the spokes were made of were so bad that I could break the spokes with my hands like they were uncooked spaghetti.

BTW, with regards to my Easton wheels with problematic spokes.  After try number 2 I gave up, bought new spokes and gave the wheels to a competent wheel builder to fix. I mean, the material that the spokes were made of were so bad that I could break the spokes with my hands like they were uncooked spaghetti.

Thats what they depend on,us giving up.

OMNICO is not the agents for Easton anymore. Hulla Balloo is now agents for Easton as far as I know.

So I sent the letter to Vincent Stevens so lets see what happens.

Didn't throw my toys out the cot. Am giving them the chance to redeem themselves first. Or as Myles said, stiff upper lip ????

post-51529-0-78105300-1460979601_thumb.png

OMNICO is not the agents for Easton anymore. Hulla Balloo is now agents for Easton as far as I know.

Good for Easton.  My sop story with them was about 2, may even be 3 years ago.

Good for Easton.  My sop story with them was about 2 years ago.

I have dealt with Hulla Balloo before RE a different product .... their after sales service was world class!

That's right actually recently bought my freehub for 1x11 and the dealer had to call hullabaloo.

So I sent the letter to Vincent Stevens so lets see what happens.

Didn't throw my toys out the cot. Am giving them the chance to redeem themselves first. Or as Myles said, stiff upper lip ????

He will need to brew some coffee to get through it all????????. Hope you come right????

I can never understand why massive companies allow things like this to go this far before they satisfy the customer. As if replacing or refunding a single faulty product would be of any significant loss to them. From a purely business perspective. Without even touching on any ethical concerns. You risk losing a significant amount of potential sales moving forward if your name is tarnished because you were too stubborn to satisfy one customer.

I once had a client hold me to a quote weeks after I provided it. By the time he placed the order the exchange rate had me at the short and twisties. Instead of declining to supply or pointing out disclaimer semantics. I took the knock. Simply put, his relationship with me based on ongoing supply was worth far more than a single loss.

Its not rocket science. Give the man a new fork or his money back. 

You're not just satisfying one customer. You're lining up future customers too.

He will need to brew some coffee to get through it all. Hope you come right

Best he brew a big pot .

Was just about to pull the trigger on a Fox 36 but after reading so many people having such a rough time with Omnico I'm going to stick with RS, must phone the lbs and cancel the fox on back order. :I :I

Was just about to pull the trigger on a Fox 36 but after reading so many people having such a rough time with Omnico I'm going to stick with RS, must phone the lbs and cancel the fox on back order. :I :I

Tell them the lbs to mention to omnico the reason you cancelling is this thread and the countless issues other users of their brands have faced. 

Archived