Safety at Groenkloof Nature Reserve your help is needed.

River Rat

Many of you know that the safety situation in Groenkloof has deteriorated to the extent that there is a de facto  boycott of the reserve. This situation cannot continue and we have to do something before this area is lost to us. The first step is to get a meeting with the council I can't do this as an individual so I need your support hence this petition. We have through our ward councilors requested a meeting some weeks ago and since then we have had two separate attacks with no date set for a meeting. I have every intention of pressurizing the council through the gathering of support for this petition.

I hope that once we have a date we will have a public meeting where we can air or concerns and demand that the authorities take action, at worst a group ride in Groenkloof is in the offing.

https://www.change.org/p/the-mayor-of-tshwane-metropolitan-council-make-groenkloof-nature-reserve-safe-now?recruiter=449380642&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg&fb_ref=Default

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed & Shared. Let us know about the proposed cycle / protest, for the council's inaction. Well Done.

Signed it as a Josian but live in CPT.. shouldnt matter hopefully.

The more I think about it this is not a Pretoria specific problem as it's endemic to most municipalities and we need councils to stand up and take note that we need them to take action.

Is getting volunteer patrols an option? Is the Friends of Groenkloof still active?

FGNR are very much in action and they have been trying to get a meeting with the MMC in charge of the reserve to discuss some proposals with him. Public involvement as we have done in Klapperkop  is one of the options to be tabled. Unfortunately all the political heads have gone into election mode (including the opposition). I pressurized them weeks ago to have a public meeting and since them there have been more attacks so I thought it is time to up the ante.