The Mystery Rider has been found, NOW how to keep going to Friday?

KarlvN

Unless I am mistaken, I am getting the distinct impression that you are condoning of rogue riding and unauthorized access to land, Brickleberry?

If you have never been to Tygerberg MTB trails, rather leave comment about these being pedestrian footpaths that became singletrack over time. That is just offensive and degrading to Patrick and his trail gnomes, who have bust their collective asses to design and build these very trails for us, the paying public.

Some background you may not be aware of, the club has already lost access to a trail within spitting distance from this trail in question due to the same attitude displayed by one perpetrator towards a land owner who confronted him about his illegal access to his land.

So, as a member of this club, I feel that no matter any person's opinion, there will NEVER be a situation where what happened here will be okay.

Yo ! Before we get carried away (hub style) and start accusing me of condoning it.read clearly what I have written. I dont condone it , nor do I do it, I simply asked how anybody plans to actually stop it when it's not illegal and has been happening on private land in the form of people walking for 100 years or more. Fact is , a bike club telling someone they are a bad man is not really going to stop someone doing it. As a bike club only has any power over their own members in the form of a ban , which a rogue rider is not afraid of being banned from something he will just go ride anyway.

So read again before we get all full of accusations and emotional. I understand the problem I'm simply pointing out there isn't much you can do about it.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand they contribute nothing toward the trails, my question is based on the land owners stopping access to the land , if a rogue rider and a paid up rider , look the same , ride the same, and pretty much are the same except for a payment to a club, how does that affect the land owner ?

2 different types of ride violations.

rider riding on private land without permission = rogue rider

rider going on paid trails without permit/paying = trail thief

this guy is neither - he just went on a no access area by ignoring signs..

It pisses off the other members who pay.

It's like people jumping queues, in the bigger picture it doesn't make a difference, but the act goes against our social acceptable norms.

The farmers interests are being used to justify the anger to some degree.

Here's an honest answer. Thanks patch.

Yo ! Before we get carried away (hub style) and start accusing me of condoning it.read clearly what I have written. I dont condone it , nor do I do it, I simply asked how anybody plans to actually stop it when it's not illegal and has been happening on private land in the form of people walking for 100 years or more. Fact is , a bike club telling someone they are a bad man is not really going to stop someone doing it. As a bike club only has any power over their own members in the form of a ban , which a rogue rider is not afraid of being banned from something he will just go ride anyway.

So read again before we get all full of accusations and emotional. I understand the problem I'm simply pointing out there isn't much you can do about it.

I think you underestimate the power of social sanction.  If his club kaks him out, and points him to this thread, I think anyone would think twice about doing it again. Give the oke the benefit of the doubt that he is capable of seeing the dwisness of his actions, and changing his ways. Nobody wants to be a pariah for such a stupid thing, surely?

Guest notmyname

*Sniffs thread*

Hmmmm...something smells like daddy issues

Dude!lol!

This never happens in the dreaded Gauteng. Pesky rouge riders are just shot and fed to the homeless. Ezpz.

It actually is illegal, brickleberry. Trespassing is a criminal offence. Rogue riders have no permission to be there and as such can be prosecuted. There are no rights to access such as there are in the UK through their rambling laws, and there are private property rights to which farm owners and other property owners are entitled. Unless there's a public thoroughfare through a farm or property (which would be registered in the erf details) you have a responsibility to respect the landowners wishes, and they are allowed to decide who gains access and under what conditions that access is granted.

Fact of the matter is that rogue riders (including the rider in question here) are trespassing.

As for repercussions - if you are banned from one of the affiliate clubs due to rogue riding, you're also banned from any of the farms, races or clubs signed up for the rogue riding initiative. It's not just a slap on the wrist.

There are no traditional footpaths on the farms. It is far more convenient to use the perfectly fine tar roads to cross the area

Lots of issues being addressed here.... Getting lost with all the angles.

So he is a fully fledged paid up Club member, therefore has a right to be on the trails, so no trespassing can be enforced surely...

He ignored a sign informing / requesting any club member to NOT RIDE that section; he chose to ignore it, therefore he is a tool & the club must handle it.

I can't see the Legal angle, if he is paid up.

Problem with this type of rider, is that he probably won't be too remorseful or willing to endure the sanction, as his conscience didn't bug him in the first place.

It actually is illegal, brickleberry. Trespassing is a criminal offence. Rogue riders have no permission to be there and as such can be prosecuted. There are no rights to access such as there are in the UK through their rambling laws, and there are private property rights to which farm owners and other property owners are entitled. Unless there's a public thoroughfare through a farm or property (which would be registered in the erf details) you have a responsibility to respect the landowners wishes, and they are allowed to decide who gains access and under what conditions that access is granted.

Fact of the matter is that rogue riders (including the rider in question here) are trespassing.

As for repercussions - if you are banned from one of the affiliate clubs due to rogue riding, you're also banned from any of the farms, races or clubs signed up for the rogue riding initiative. It's not just a slap on the wrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HemKGDavw

One of the best songs from one of the greatest bands!

Is there a law against threads that ramble on?

2 different types of ride violations.

rider riding on private land without permission = rogue rider

rider going on paid trails without permit/paying = trail thief

this guy is neither - he just went on a no access area by ignoring signs..

All 3 examples above are rogue riders. If you're in an area you're not allowed to be, it doesn't matter if you are a member or not. Even if a trail is temporarily closed, you're still not allowed to be there. Hence rogue

Seems a lot of people taking things too serious and personal here and it way too early in the week to make the popcorn.

The question was asked to identify, I understand that the perpetrator was identified and is being dealt with ... really is the end of the story!!

No one condones his actions, he was in the wrong... whatever transpires going forward will be what it will be

Seems a lot of people taking things too serious and personal here and it way too early in the week to make the popcorn.

The question was asked to identify, I understand that the perpetrator was identified and is being dealt with ... really is the end of the story!!

No one condones his actions, he was in the wrong... whatever transpires going forward will be what it will be

Que cera cera?

Unfortunately, shaper, for us folk it's a very real problem. Our access to the trails is very delicately managed and we've seen the effects of rogue riding all too often. So imo the seriousness of this problem should not be discounted

What if one day you woke up and your nipples where completely gone

Like no scars or anything, just flat skin

And then once you leave the room you find out that your dad died last night and the several days later, you find out that for you entire life your dad had been sneaking into your room while you slept and sucking on your chest to make gigantic hickeys where your nipples should be.

Not for any sexual reason, but because you were born without them, just so that you would fit in.

God bless you Dad

What if one day you woke up and your nipples where completely gone

Like no scars or anything, just flat skin

And then once you leave the room you find out that your dad died last night and the several days later, you find out that for you entire life your dad had been sneaking into your room while you slept and sucking on your chest to make gigantic hickeys where your nipples should be.

Not for any sexual reason, but because you were born without them, just so that you would fit in.

God bless you Dad

???????????????????? pissing. Your sense of humor is both fantastic and disturbing

Archived