Chaoyang tyres?

Cannonized

Hornet 60 TPI - R395

Zippering 60 TPI - R395

Zippering 120 TPI - R450

And if you had to compare those ITO tread pattern/etc to other makes/models available?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you had to compare those ITO tread pattern/etc to other makes/models available?

The Zippering looks the same as a Fast Trak.  This is only what I see visually with my own eyeballs though, I've not tested them.

Sidewall vs a std control casing or are them more in line with GRID?

Please let it be GRID

Not like grid, closer to the snakeskin on Schwalbes. 

so .... no real world experience on a snakeskine SW .... how much support can one realistically

expect from the tyre at lower pressures?

so .... no real world experience on a snakeskine SW .... how much support can one realistically

expect from the tyre at lower pressures?

Not sure, so many variables and context as individual riders, all I can do is give you my experience. 

I've been riding them on a set of Sun Ringle rims, the tyres themselves are the standard 2.25 volume and I ran them at between 1.7 and 1.9 bar (I'm 70kg) 

The sidewall support felt pretty good and never felt like they were wandering on loose over hard type of terrain or in hard corners. 

They weren't like WOW, but felt predictable on most terrain.

yes they are foldable

yes they do come in 26'

they wear well - grip good at the back - good rolling speed

have not used one on the front

mine 26', 2.1' and run at 2 bar (80kg+)

CWC is selling 2 Hornets 29X2.1 with a Ryder tubeless conversion kit for R999.

I haven't used them myself but I've been considering them since I like value-for-money products, and bike tyres now cost more than car tyres (insane).

I've just 'upgraded' to the Hornets on my Anthem. Tubeless at last! :clap:

Have been through two sets of Schwalbe Perfline RR which have now seen better days.

Not sure how good my memory is, or how far I push my boots, LOL, but they are a 'hell of a lot' more confidence inspiring than what I'm used too on the RRs. Just back from Royal Drak and it was a blast with plenty grip and bite in all circumstances. (but then I'm not that much of a hooligan :eek: )

Tubeless setup was done by my LBS, without any issues, I'm informed. So far pressures look pretty constant, will monitor. Loving the lower riding pressures - like riding on a soft carpet!!!

Dunno why I waited so long  :wacko:

I would recommend them and will be fitting 26er Hornets to the family bikes ASAP!

PS. These are fitted to the standard Giant PXC2 rims!

Edited by Rob Highlanderza

I got one on my hard tail rear wheel.

Had a continental pure k@k that kept giving me sh!t, so I replaced with one of these.

It's holding up great so far, no issues. Sidewalls seem good, i've thrashed them pretty hard.

They roll nice and fast.

Just a pity the widest is 2.2

Hi, all.

So this conversation is quite interesting considering I've been playing with the idea of getting a set of these for my 26er. Seems like those who've ventured to get them have not been too disappointed.

Would be nice to see what the other variants of the Chaoyang make its way here. Give the big boys a run for their money.

Also would have liked there to be 2.4" derivatives.