[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

I see there quite a few hubbers in E & F . Is anyone interested in trying to get a small group together from those batches and aiming for a realistic time?

If there's enough of us we wouldn't necessarily have to worry about the other guys & gals in our group if we get dropped from them .

Just a thought not much time left,but would rather have some allies than foe's trying to drop me.

Edit: even D & E & F ? I suppose all defendant on who wants what for the race....time wise that is .

I had very close to the 3hr mark in my mind but not sure if doable.

I'm in F batch, would really like to link up with some allies. I am 93kg's and somewhat slow on the climbs. I will be able to do some pulls on the flat and rolling sections. 3h15 is probably a more realistic target for me, but if I can hang onto the front groups on the climbs until halfway I might just have enough in the tank to chase down that 3h carrot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this event dying a slow death normally, this thread will have thousands of posts.

Agreed. It is a bit odd. Probably the Mac Steel race uppermost in the minds right now.

Is there a list somewhere of the total length of the individual climbs? What's the total elevation this year?

Is there a list somewhere of the total length of the individual climbs? What's the total elevation this year?

Don't think much has changed in terms of elevation, the last 15km still remains the biggest challenge.

1488m elevation

post-67394-0-27660100-1478162469_thumb.jpg

Twisted my ankle earlier this week. It's still not recovered and I was recovering from the Satellite before this. Doubt I'll race the thing - will treat it as a fun ride.

Agreed. It is a bit odd. Probably the Mac Steel race uppermost in the minds right now.

agreed am doing that on Sunday ,but was hoping to put out a feeler to see if anybody at all is interested .

I'm in F batch, would really like to link up with some allies. I am 93kg's and somewhat slow on the climbs. I will be able to do some pulls on the flat and rolling sections. 3h15 is probably a more realistic target for me, but if I can hang onto the front groups on the climbs until halfway I might just have enough in the tank to chase down that 3h carrot.

i was thinking along similar lines as you 3h10- but if we have a good train the magic no might appear. But I can kinda climb it's the long fast flights i suffer on. Edited by Pikey

i was thinking along similar lines as you 3h10- but if we have a good train the magic no might appear. But I can kinda climb it's the long fast flights i suffer on.

From last years results, E - 96 sub 3's, F, 30, G,17, H, 16 and the famous I group, 8. So just keep close to the front of the group and you have a chance.

Is this event dying a slow death normally, this thread will have thousands of posts.

Agreed. It is a bit odd. Probably the Mac Steel Carnival City Macsteel... race uppermost in the minds right now.

And it's playing havoc with my training - who's going to push me?

From last years results, E - 96 sub 3's, F, 30, G,17, H, 16 and the famous I group, 8. So just keep close to the front of the group and you have a chance.

ok cool good stats. But would still rather have some allies and if we miss the goal meet some hubbers and enjoy it. Let's see what happens ????

yes only 5 hills at the end, the rest is flat  :ph34r: :ph34r:

better than one long dragging hill for 70km

And it's playing havoc with my training - who's going to push me?

lol that's funny....you can help the stragglers ????