[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

OK, so I have a new toy. I bought a Garmin Virb Camera. 

I have a 64 gb card in it and the battery is good to last my entire race.

I will be recording the entire VA race, editing it a bit and then will look at loading it to YOUTUBE. (My first youtube video!)

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route is displayed.

If this goes well Ill record all my VA races and upload them. 

Let me know how you reduce the size of those files to a manageable video!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the second loop possible from E?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Yes - but it depends on your time for the first lap, and how you plan to refuel (bottles).

I think I asked if a person gets an email invite to do it or they just do it. I think someone said I can join in somewhere on the road. I think Gerald said that. I am not sure if I asked what I just did, but you can go back and quote my initial question.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

We (GW members) started in D, to help get a few guys their first sub-3.

As we needed to catch the Team NSPCA charity group, where other members were riding, we took a short cut to join the route at Main & R55 - see below. They started about 10 minutes before we finished, which is why we took the shortcut.

post-1372-0-03872600-1479215502_thumb.png

The Virb edit software allows you to reduce the size. Ill also edit some of the boring parts out to try and compress it into 30 min maybe, will see.

OK, so I have a new toy. I bought a Garmin Virb Camera. 

I have a 64 gb card in it and the battery is good to last my entire race.

I will be recording the entire VA race, editing it a bit and then will look at loading it to YOUTUBE. (My first youtube video!)

The nice thing using the virb is that my HR, power, speed, cadence and route is displayed.

If this goes well Ill record all my VA races and upload them. 

Dashware allows the same thing for GoPro footage - syncing the .fit file with the video.

I'd like to know too - I have 22 mins of a descent down Amajuba Pass (from Volksrust towards Newcastle), with all the power, cadence, speed, HR and map linked through Dashware.

The file is way too big to share.

The Virb edit software allows you to reduce the size. Ill also edit some of the boring parts out to try and compress it into 30 min maybe, will see.

Once you link all the short files and edit into one movie... I have tried reducing from 1080P to low resolution and still to big to share...I'm missing something...

Edited by Grey Hubs

Once you link all the short filesand edit into one movie... I have tried reducing from 1080P to low resolution and still to big to share...I'm missing something...

As soon as you export, you can choose the resolution size. (If Im correct)

As soon as you export, you can choose the resolution size. (If Im correct)

Yip done this several times, still a few hundred MB or GIGS...Let me know how you do.

Yip done this several times, still a few hundred MB or GIGS...Let me know how you do.

OK, will do, still have to play around with it myself

Once you link all the short files and edit into one movie... I have tried reducing from 1080P to low resolution and still to big to share...I'm missing something...

Upload to youtube in a high resolution, and it will be made available in multiple resolutions to viewers.

As easy as B-circle sounds, the whole venue gets extremely busy and it easy to lose someone even at that point. My suggestion is to tell your team to meet at a specific point on the circle, i.e. the 12-o'clock position, or in the centre of the circle.

Anyone not there by a certain time, must make their way to the start batch on their own.

:thumbup:  Thank you.  Communicated this to my Team already.

What do you do with your Racetec chip on the second lap? I am thinking of doing two laps next year as I am doing my 10th 94.7 next year. 

Upload to youtube in a high resolution, and it will be made available in multiple resolutions to viewers.

I don't plan on sending to youtube. Only for me and a few hubbers to laugh at my silly falls :w00t: with a 2MB limit on the hub, it's challenging.