Global Bike to Work Day - 10 May

Catatonic_Joe

Where are they building the hospital?

End of Marlboro Road at Linbro Park to Modderfontein Reserver - if you're going into the reserve you'll see it on your left - it's going to be massive. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of 3.2km done, and an incredible 26m elevation. It rained last night, but luckily it is just a bit overcast this morning, and not too wet.

So I woke up this morning with the intention of riding to to work, but as I my eyes opened and I started gaining control of my senses, I began to hear the wind outside and also started noticing how unusually dark and cold it was for this time of the morning. My brains were already telling me, 'Dude, just take the car today.' But I said 'NO BRAIN! Today is Global Ride to Work Day, and you started a thread on the Hub about it and told everybody to ride to work and now you telling me to drive to work... SCREW YOU! I'm riding.'

So I showered and got done in my kit and headed out on my bike, I even borrowed my wife's Buff so I don't breath in the cold air. Then, for the first time ever during a commute, I got a puncture. Thankfully it was only about 1,5km's from work. Now I need to find a Bike Shop in Braamfontein or a shop where I can find a Tube repair kit (if anybody knows of one, please let me know).

Anyway, well done to all those who cycled to work today.

Done. Luckily its pretty much a daily occurrence for me and i am prepared for everything because looking out my window it looks like the ride home is going to be rough.

So bummed, been hit with the flu on commute day…haven't been sick in ages but it strikes today…

So I showered and got done in my kit and headed out on my bike

You shower before you get on your bike? You repeat at the office, or do you do the wet wipe thing?

Was a bit darker than usual outside today ... so I took shortcut straight to work, and not through the Spruit as planned. Maybe there will be time for a detour this afternoon ...

Loved the ride to work today on the MTB, slightly different route with more options to stay off the black stuff. 

We have proper shower facilities at work with lockers and my commute is 9km one-way, so no excuse to not do it.

Unforeseen reasons I couldn't commute to work this morning. Will it still count if I put on my cycling gear and ride to work after I get home..... :eek:

I will not Physically work, but at least I did ride to work.. :thumbup:

You shower before you get on your bike? You repeat at the office, or do you do the wet wipe thing?

I try not to exert myself too much on the way to work, I 'ride it like I stole it' when I'm going back home. Anyway my commute is not too far... so not much distance to really work up a sweat, so the underarm and deo seem to work just fine.

255 South Africans signed up for this and 251 already recorded something  :clap:

I am one of the 4 that's left. :thumbdown: . Will commute after work and back..

255 South Africans signed up for this and 251 already recorded something  :clap:

was this actually a strava thing? 

Archived