Sani2c Litter

Patchelicious

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How very unappealing. But this event seems to have become quite unappealing given the amount of entries that have been up for sale. Some even at half price!!!! Which brings to question.... Is the South African scene slowly steering away from this multiday/marathon discipline?

Yup, people have realised road racing is where it is at!!

I do believe that some of them are a accidents and not noticed when it happened but I have also seen used tubes lying next to the trail so obviously there are some riders that don't give a s*#t and if they can dump a inner tube I am sure they are dumping wrapper.  

The littering if by the cyclists themselves is disgusting.

I wonder how much of this is indirect - energy bars and sweets given to the locals who then just leave the wrappers there. The route is lined with locals begging for sweets.

Then it's that rider that littered.

I dont know if he did it this year, but every year that I was on that trail, there was appeals to not give the kids anything. It just encourages exactly the type of behaviour we are complaining about.

Must say, with the J2C I saw very little evidence of littering over the whole distance.

Was not really necessary to carry any extra foodstuffs with you, what with the fully stocked and well spaced Water / Feeding points. I only filled my first bottle with my prefered poison, and from then on just restocked with what was at the waterpoints.

How do you accidentally drop something and not notice? If you drop it, stop and pick it up! If it's going to cost you 15 seconds on your race time and cause you to come 85th instead of 82nd then tough luck, maybe you should practice not dropping stuff as part of your training. We cant excuse this behaviour.

15 seconds in the Trail, is like 200/100th of a second for Nino. They were racing for coffee shop glory and a face full of cake man!

Archived