Mavic South Africa

CTJ

I have a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SR's. Model is 2012. I need to replace the front bearings and axle.

So I take it to my LBS to have it replaced. Long story short it has now been more than 3 weeks and the Mavic agent couldn't care less about supplying the required parts. No reason for delay i.e on order etc - Just nothing. 

Last year I had a 2010 model ksyruim hub replaced with spokes within 2 weeks when the LBS sent it directly to Mavic.

Can someone perhaps help with a direct contact of someone at Mavic who I can contact directly?

Or where can I find said parts on-line?

Thanks for any feedback!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone SR's. Model is 2012. I need to replace the front bearings and axle.

So I take it to my LBS to have it replaced. Long story short it has now been more than 3 weeks and the Mavic agent couldn't care less about supplying the required parts. No reason for delay i.e on order etc - Just nothing. 

Last year I had a 2010 model ksyruim hub replaced with spokes within 2 weeks when the LBS sent it directly to Mavic.

Can someone perhaps help with a direct contact of someone at Mavic who I can contact directly?

Or where can I find said parts on-line?

Thanks for any feedback!

HI CTJ

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your wheel.

Please can you contact me on the e-mail or telephone number below so that we can attend to your query.

Please could I ask that you have the serial No. of the wheel in question handy (it will be near to the valve hole).

Best regards

Gavin

Gavins@dragons.co.za

Tel: 021 461 6252

They are absolutely useless and uninterested in helping existing clients .

I broke a Mavic Cosmoc Carbone rim .

Sure it was an old rim (2008 ) .

This happened 2 years ago .

Took it to my LBS who said he would sort it out .

Dragon sports at first said they didn't have a rim . LBS asked them to order one .

A couple months later and still nothing .

After about 6 months Dragon sports tells my LBS they have a rim , but it is part of another warranty claim and they need to sort it out on their system ....

I have now given up and bought another set of wheels .

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE .

Gives MAVIC , which I think is a great product , a bad name .

As with most things in life - relationship is key to everything.

If your relationship with your lbs or your lbs' relationship with their supplier isn't great - service won't be great.

When are the wheelsets coming into stock?

It's like never in stock of the 27,5" wheelsets.

I have seen a few shops that had bad accounts with suppliers thus suspending their services (obviously until the previous accounts were settled).

This led to delayed and often not even completed orders and service. Make sure your LBS is on good foot with the necessary dealers before asking for service.

Just my 2c

HI Simon

Which wheelset are you waiting for?

I wanted the Cross Roc wheelset, but think I've made another plan.

I been without wheels since the Argus hit a pot hole, two cracks on the rear rim! Insurance paid out but no stock!

I even spoke to local bike shop about just replacing rim! but no reply !!!Love my Mavic wheels but back up service sucks!

I bought a pair of 2nd hand wheels off the hub.

Thanks Zakattak!

I have also had the misfortune of having to deal with a replacement issue for my Mavic SLR wheelset.

It was a few years back but it took about 5 months and countless calls/ emails to get anywhere...

Dragon sports' service put me off ever buying mavic again- there are other great brands out there.

Edited by mrbaker

I have also had the misfortune of having to deal with a replacement issue for my Mavic SLR wheelset.

It was a few years back but it took about 5 months and countless calls/ emails to get anywhere...

Dragon sports' service put me off ever buying mavic again- there are other great brands out there.

I absolutely LOVE the look of those SLR's,...but I'm an information overload junky,..sadly tho, not too much info were needed on Mavic's bad customer service and replacement parts back-up history,...something that's going to need some SERIOUS LOCAL DISTRIBUTION turnaround strategy.....