[Event] Bestmed Jock Cycle Classique

Events Bot

A noob question to those who've done it before, are we able to top up our water bottles in between stages, is something provided or must I take water in my tog bag? 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A noob question to those who've done it before, are we able to top up our water bottles in between stages, is something provided or must I take water in my tog bag?

Filling up 500ml before with my juice and taking a few extra unmixed in a small cooler bag that fits in my tog bag. The bakkie carrying the tog bags can handle the load????. At least I know my water is clean????

That first TT was bonkers... 1:05 1:06 1:09 1:11

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the other classique riders top speed going down longtom? I know I helped a couple guys reaching 88kmh.

Last year I did 84, took it slower this year....... I feel the need to be more careful since my fall last year

What an amzing day!

Yesterday was 6 months to the day that I picked up my bicycle from the shop and what a journey its been.

Two duldged disks, cortisone injections into my spin, itb knee problems from setup, then hit by a car put me out for 2 weeks which was followed by a pintched sciatic nerve for the last month together with the flu.

Lots of physio, biokineticist and 15kgs of weight lost got me to the start line and finished the Jock Classique, also within my 6hr goal. 5:56hr!

That final little climb into the stadium area was a bastard!!!

Thanks to the organisers for a well run event, I will be back

Easily the most rewarding time on the bike. Great scenery and a great sense of achievement.

If you haven't done it; do the training and go have fun!

So how did the classique guys do?

I really struggled. Soldiered in at 6:02. I think I lost huge chunks of time on the descents ( and the ascents). I am embarrassingly bad on the down hills. I hated that rode into Sabie, too bumpy too windy. The descent after Long Tom windy and twisty I think I maxed out at 54 kph :blush: People flying past me. Couldn't find a comfortable group to hang with, so I just rode on. 

My wife was watching and she said I was always alone.

Til next time.

So how did the classique guys do?

I really struggled. Soldiered in at 6:02. I think I lost huge chunks of time on the descents ( and the ascents). I am embarrassingly bad on the down hills. I hated that rode into Sabie, too bumpy too windy. The descent after Long Tom windy and twisty I think I maxed out at 54 kph :blush: People flying past me. Couldn't find a comfortable group to hang with, so I just rode on. 

My wife was watching and she said I was always alone.

Til next time.

Had a great ride on stage 1 & 2 and did much better up Long Tom than last year, but started to cramp really badly after that. Had to stop at around 30km to go and wait 5 minutes before cramps went away. And then again at 1.5km to go. Felt ridiculous being able to see the finish line and having to wait for cramps to go before my legs would move again.

Definitely going to need to do more riding in the heat of the day before next years Jock. Can't wait though!

ASG/Racetec managed to mess up the VA podium nicely. My 3 team mates that raced VA ended up 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall. Then come podium time they only have 1st and 2nd on the podium. They did call some other name but it was some random person that was clearly not meant to be there. Would have been nice for the team to get the recognition deserved after a extremely hard race for them.