Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

I've been given this nice piece of yellow wood by the inlaws (so I can't sell it lol) : 600 x 2100 and 60 thick. Picture shows the back of it, not the nice side.

Who can assist to turn this into a coffee table or provide suggestions of any other original ideas.

Feel free to PM me with quote(s)

That's moer nice. 

Message Pants. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody is looking for odd pieces of reclaimed wood, you are most welcome to collect at my house in Plumstead. I'll post a pic later of the junk pile. Has to go by the weekend as I'm clearing the site on Monday.

PM sent!

So, yall know I am a real Galoot, and general tool whore.

So I went to sort something out at the bank, and on the way almost went past the local pawn shop, but decided to go in anyway. What do I find? A nice Stanley Bailey number 5, which seems to have been looked after by the owner as there is not a spec of rust on the plane. In fact, the whole plane is covered in 3-in-1 oil, and the tote and knob is still in very nice condition. All for R249. I first thought, what the heck, I already have a number 5, but then decide that I can't walk by a plane in this condition. It seems to be a late 60s made one. I also got a slightly rusted Disston hand saw for R59.

So I go to pay, and the guy at the till gives me an old banking bag with stuff in that he said came with the plane. Inside I find a spare cutter with chipbreaker, as well as an Eclipse honing guide. Bingo! What a bargain.

Just goes to show one must keep one's eye open. A deal might come your way at the most unexpected time.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow... Will let you know what's there. 

ta dude. was going to ask to let me know if you see somethign worthwhile, but that was me just being lazy! and then you go an validate my laziness :P thanks bud.

Looking for 3x4" Oregon Pine beams if he has any, four lengths of 1.8m each.

ta dude. was going to ask to let me know if you see somethign worthwhile, but that was me just being lazy! and then you go an validate my laziness :P thanks bud.

You tried Atomic? I think it's Atomic Demolishers, at least. Sometimes they have.

I've been given this nice piece of yellow wood by the inlaws (so I can't sell it lol) : 600 x 2100 and 60 thick. Picture shows the back of it, not the nice side.

Who can assist to turn this into a coffee table or provide suggestions of any other original ideas.

Feel free to PM me with quote(s)

Oooh that's a nice plank. Where are you based?

You tried Atomic? I think it's Atomic Demolishers, at least. Sometimes they have.

Been meaning to go to Ross Demolitions for ages now. Just unfortunate they are closed over the weekend (last i checked), and i leave work way too late during the week. Didn't know about Atomic demos, so thanks for the recomms. :thumbup:

Been meaning to go to Ross Demolitions for ages now. Just unfortunate they are closed over the weekend (last i checked), and i leave work way too late during the week. Didn't know about Atomic demos, so thanks for the recomms. :thumbup:

Sorry, it is Ross. Atomic is in Durban. 

Ross Demolition yard. You can find absolutely ANYTHING there. You may have to spend some time digging though, so take gloves, but it will be there. Only issue I have with that place is that I always end up buying stuff I like but don't need. 

Berario (Fairland) - it arrived from Hillcrest KZN last weekend.

It looks pretty flat ... maybe give it a nice surfacing both sides, keep the 'live' edge intact, and make up either Blackwood or steel legs for it ...