Where is a good place to look for tri wetsuits in the general Cape Town / suburbs / Boland area? Definitely not going to get a R12k racing suit but would like to browse through some, see what's what, etc.

edit: words

You can also have a look at Coral wetsuits in Salt River.  They make the wetsuit according to your exact measurements and will do adjustments for free.  Not as fancy as the oversees suits, but for me a better fit and better priced.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, some advice needed.  The only pool I have access to might be shut down for a couple of months for maintenance.  I don't have any real other options in the area for swimming.  My last swim was the MiWay Sun City Sprint, and I really want to do the Rockman in December.  I see the swim is a 1.8km I think, which is a lot in my books.  If I cannot practise swimming in the pool, what else can I do that will enable me to still do the Tri without dying on the swim leg?  How is the dam being used for the Rockman, will one be able to stand if not able to swim or is it deep?  Really want to do this, but if I cannot compete in the swim I will have to cancel this plan.  Any advice welcome.

Where is a good place to look for tri wetsuits in the general Cape Town / suburbs / Boland area? Definitely not going to get a R12k racing suit but would like to browse through some, see what's what, etc.

edit: words

My Wife got the Coral Tri suit is very happy with it and fits like a clove.

Will order one for my self next week.

I am a beginner so do not see the reason to spend 5k+ yet

Hi guys

Is there a group or club that I could join in the Alberton area that do some open water swimming on Sunday's or Saturday afternoons ?

I no there is a club that does open water swimming at Germies lake on Weekends. Just can't seem to remember their details unfortunately

A lot has been spoken about renting a wetsuit, has anyone ever rented a bike for a 70.3 or IM? If so from where?

I no there is a club that does open water swimming at Germies lake on Weekends. Just can't seem to remember their details unfortunately

cool, if I find out anything I'll let everyone know.

I might give coral a call as well. I'm very keen to start swimming again and what to start doing some sea swimming as I don't have any dams close enough and I can't afford the gym

How does the seeding work for tri?

Will you be able to convince them with training files to bump you up?

I'm a strong swimmer, my cycling is A batch and my running is decent, but I'm not to keen to start at the very back of the tri alphabet in a race

How does the seeding work for tri?

Will you be able to convince them with training files to bump you up?

I'm a strong swimmer, my cycling is A batch and my running is decent, but I'm not to keen to start at the very back of the tri alphabet in a race

Ironman events are self seeding