I went on a swim training camp last week and met a lady who is doing the following triathlon on her own next year June/ July to raise awareness for cancer:

Day 1 : swim the english channel 35km

Day 2- 4: Cycle 950km from the north of france to the south of france

Day 5: Climb mount blanc

www.seatosummitextreme.com

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminder that entries for the Alley Roads event at Midmar on 25 November (which fills the space left by Midlands Ultra that has moved to The Cradle) close on Wednesday (http://www.triseries.co.za).

I’m signed up for the sprint (family duel vs my sons ); anyone else committed?

Reminder that entries for the Alley Roads event at Midmar on 25 November (which fills the space left by Midlands Ultra that has moved to The Cradle) close on Wednesday (http://www.triseries.co.za).

Signed up for the oly distance, first tri on my new wheels and hopefully new wetsuit (water temp permitting) so I'm quite looking forward to it, just not the 8 30 start for the oly distance!

Thanks Wheelsuck, CBlake, gurns and IceCreamMan for the advice on the running distance.

I want to enter the full IM in PE next year, but I dislike run training and would like to do the minimum running but not have to rely on my head completely either on the day. :)

The 70.3 distance, where I had to a 21.1km run on the Race2Stanford was hard. I can swim 4k comfortably, and the cycle should be ok, but even with ample time, a 42km run is extremely demanding. A 42k run by itself is a monster!

Will get myself a program and start putting in the miles, with some speed work and hills in-between.

And start training on a TT bike …. :)

Thanks Wheelsuck, CBlake, gurns and IceCreamMan for the advice on the running distance.

I want to enter the full IM in PE next year, but I dislike run training and would like to do the minimum running but not have to rely on my head completely either on the day. :)

The 70.3 distance, where I had to a 21.1km run on the Race2Stanford was hard. I can swim 4k comfortably, and the cycle should be ok, but even with ample time, a 42km run is extremely demanding. A 42k run by itself is a monster!

Will get myself a program and start putting in the miles, with some speed work and hills in-between.

And start training on a TT bike …. :)

I see you're in Cape Town, so maybe try hitting the trails for some of the run training instead of pounding endless tar roads. Its so much more enjoyable. 

I see you're in Cape Town, so maybe try hitting the trails for some of the run training instead of pounding endless tar roads. Its so much more enjoyable.

Thx .... haven't been to Newlands forest and the likes for a while. But since I will now need to spend more time in my running shoes I might as well do it on the trails :)

Eish, just as i had put High5 on the christmas list for the family to get me. 

these products are all similar anyway, doubt it will make any difference,....get the high 5 anyway.

IIRC, Biogen is a Dischem brand...but I oculd be wrong.

I will be trying my first Olympic distance. The 08h30 start is not ideal but looking forward to it nonetheless.

I will be trying my first Olympic distance. The 08h30 start is not ideal but looking forward to it nonetheless.

Nice. Race number? I'll look out for you.

Nice. Race number? I'll look out for you.

56 Yours?

Looks like the wind may make it challenging.

I was 19. But with numbers on the arms it was hopeless looking out for others. Had a horrible swim with my goggles misting up and couldn't site the bouy into the sun. So didn't have a good time of it! Cycle was good, did the time I was planning on doing, even with that awful headwind! Then the heat came and bit me on the run. But managed to finish it so glad about that! Definitely got a goal of taking off at least 15 minutes for the next one in Jan.

Well done Roguemeister & WP12, it was a tough day out from swim (choppy) to bike (windy) to run (hot).

Pretty well organised in an ‘old school’ no frills kind of way.

I did the sprint event and found out what it’s like if you overcook the cycle i.e. it makes the run tough. Learned a lot.

Results here: https://results.finishtime.co.za/Results.aspx?CId=35&RId=2660&EId=1