2016 Coronation Double Century

swiss

How sad is this comment?

Who in their right mind would buy either of these kits?

Then again I do see plenty of poseur wankers in their full sky kit plodding along so clearly their are guys not in their right mind out there.

Who pissed on your battery?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad is this comment?

Then again I do see plenty of poseur wankers in their full sky kit plodding along so clearly their are guys not in their right mind out there.

Same reason why people buy springbok rugby jerseys (or used to) .......  Show support for you favourite Team

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Karman de Lange

How sad is this comment?

Well if you are commercially minded you would see my point, I would like to support a local team. If Team Savage kit is purchased by a few people their sponsors get more exposure. Heck a few Volvos might even get sold. 

If you are a Team Savage member and your attitude is reflective of the team's, I will rather keep my cash.

Yeah - it's gotten out of hand recently! They're all over the place!

post-275-0-31576900-1479896014_thumb.jpg

(On a serious note - how stoked are these youngsters to meet their heroes? Cycling is such a cool sport)

Well if you are commercially minded you would see my point, I would like to support a local team. If Team Savage kit is purchased by a few people their sponsors get more exposure. Heck a few Volvos might even get sold. 

If you are a Team Savage member and your attitude is reflective of the team's, I will rather keep my cash.

There are various reasons for having different versions of kit for the racing and other. 

1. Some of our riders buy both sets as some prefer a cleaner looking kit, some dont care. We have a mitchum kit and a "clean" mithcum kit.

2. As has been seen on the hub, if someone gets in trouble with traffic violations the team gets crucified, removing the sponsors would assist in the fall out from this. Even now it would be hard to keep track of the 50 sets of kit we have sold. (Every past DC rider of Savage gets kit most years in both our racing and compact team) 

3. To be very clear, we are just a bunch of okes that race DC every year and have a laugh together at the other races and ride to chappies a lot.

4. If someone would really like a kit with the sponsors on it, by all means we will make a plan. 

Aaron is just excited, its almost DC time :P

Yeah - it's gotten out of hand recently! They're all over the place!

attachicon.gifCxtBMyaXUAAVgkE.jpg

(On a serious note - how stoked are these youngsters to meet their heroes? Cycling is such a cool sport)

I think the best part is that they get to actually cycle with their hero's. You dont get many sports like that. 

Was supposed to ride with the Orica ladies this morning but the weather called it off.

No connection at all.

I know nobody was asking, but I wouldnt give out our kit with our branding on it to anybody, not with the way some cyclists behave these days.....

The way some people behave in this thread you would think they might steal another team's kit and wear it while misbehaving to tarnish some reputations

I know nobody was asking, but I wouldnt give out our kit with our branding on it to anybody, not with the way some cyclists behave these days.....

What if your kit is all black, then nobody will see them anyway...

The way some people behave in this thread you would think they might steal another team's kit and wear it while misbehaving to tarnish some reputations

I do that already? If I am not in my own kit, I swear at cars and MTBers, skip lights, blow snot rockets at old ladies walking their poodles, throw gel papers into rivers and streams, fart at pedestrians and ALWAYS 3 abreast. Have yet to beat a guy with my own bike through his car window, or pepperspray a lady, but hey if times get tough..... Thought this was the norm......whoops

When in my own kit, BOOM perfect behaviour, making sure you sit nice and upright spinning at an innocently high cadence.

Edited by Patchelicious