Weekend 07 Oct - 08 Oct

ewep

20061009_024820_BigBen1.JPG

After a tricky stream crossing, we headed out towards the Blockhuis. BigBen and Byron split after a few kms, they had a race at Rietvlei to get to. Thanks for joining us guys!

20061009_024955_Group1.JPG

So, our intrepid group continued... and my luck continued to go down. A flat rear tyre! Wow, what a helpful bunch! Slowpoke pulled out a new tube with slime already in it (better than my non-slime version) and between dad and ewep, the tube was changed in no time! I limped to the Engen One Stop, where we pumped up the tyre to 4 bar. But unbeknownst to us, the guage was faulty! So we blew the tube to smithereens!! Tongue

Time to stop for some coffee and smoothies before trying again. This time we worked out what the problem was and pumped up the next spare tube to a decent pressure without overdoing it. Then we headed back towards home.

20061009_025453_SP2small.JPG

Next came a loooong uphill and a quick coffee stop at my uncles, before our ride sadly came to an end. Thanks all for a great day out!
MichH2006-10-09 02:55:32

Ouch MichH! Did you have to 'out' me for that fall so soon? Could at least have waited till lunchtime, just to make it worse I fell again at the XC race (one of those bike stops on a downhill and I just stepped off kept going and then elegantly fell forward on my hands and knees). Off course Byron had a good laugh as he was right behind me! Shocked

Thanks to all of you for the ride, really enjoyed it. Pity we had to shoot off. Had a great ride at the race (Joe's was great but I can now run lower pressures next time - it was a bit too hard!)

Sorry to hear you had puncture troubles - get Joe's for the new bike!Smile

Some more pics of our group...

20061009_030132_ewep&ampBigBensmal.JPG

ewep left, BigBen right, Slowpoke hiding behind ewep, dad in the middle. Byron where are you?!

20061009_030550_BunnySacrifices.JPG

ewep's sacrifice to the MTB gods!

20061009_030809_Dad2small.JPG

we meant it, this was the most technical part!

So' date=' who's doing the Cratercruise? I'm actually doing the short one on the Saterday!!!! can't wait!!!! Big%20smile[/quote']

Hey BEEE, got bad news for you sister. The SHORT ride is on the sunday, the LONG one is on the saturdaysmiley36.gif

DR that's a roadbike ride on dirt' date=' why would you want to go there?

Will be riding Vodacom Race for Victory that weekend.
[/quote']

Hey BB, why so disparaging about his ride? I did the long route a few weeks ago sans the crowd (like Scotty), and I must say I'm looking forward to this saturday. It's actually a great day out in nature, lots of other people also out to have fun on bicycles and there is also the issue of THE BEST RUN WATER TABLE IN THE BUSINESSsmiley2.gif

Check out the water table at Hakuna Matata, about 30 clicks from the end. The Green crown will be there on both days this year, so remeber to stop by and say "Hi"! I will be riding on the saturday, but if there is anyone riding on the sunday, look me up OK?

droster, i've been conned into doing a late entry for sunday so michH, her dad and i will see you sunday!

Droster - defenitely not disparaging about the ride but rather that DR needs those tough gnarly climbs and loose drop offs to keep him smiling!

Well, this was a great training ride for Crater. I will see you at the water table Droster!

BigBen, hey I owned up to my crash first didn't I?! I love riding with a group of people where you fall, get up, laugh about it and carry on!

Thanks guys, it was GREAT fun!!  Nice to see all of you, I think the type of ride was a lot like the CC.  Lekker in the South and all.

As for DR and the Crater, Droster, join him for a day at Logwood and you would understand his comments about the CC.

LOL I will definitly do the cruise again next year but I am getting lotsa @#@#! from GF about my lack of commitment towards a set wedding date !!! Apparently I need to put the MTB away for a while and focus somewhere else Confused . Like I can not do two things at once !!