My Commute in Pictures

Bateleur1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought of creating this thread dedicated to pictures taken on your commute to work. Think lots of you guys might have some very interresting routes you take to work ...especially the lucky buggers in Cape Town.

Here is my commute to work in the morning.  36 km ride one way.

You better be careful of breaking rims and forks on those potholes :ph34r:  :whistling:

Looks great - on a sunny day, which must be very sporadic ;)

Actually today is partl sunny.  You will notice that I started in nice sunshine but the last pic is pretty overcast.  But the sun is winning the battle at the moment .... for once ;)

Wow!

But not jealous. My commute, even though between Sandton and Randburg, also have some photogenic moments in. Looking forward to try to document my commute next week.

I saw a woman lift her skirt and take a p1ss right in the middle of the Woodstock cycle lane the other evening. I envy your commute...

I envy YOUR commute

Let me know when you are here.  Maybe we can meet somewhere over a weekend.

Definitely will, I'll be around from the end of July until mid September.

Only two other riders in all pics combined.

Only three bikes in the whole of Munich??? :eek:  :eek:

Only two other riders in all pics combined.

Only three bikes in the whole of Munich??? :eek:  :eek:

As I said.  Friday was abnormal. Could just as well have been a early Sunday morning.  Today is raining but with my next commute I will take some pictures of the cyclepaths in Munich under normal traffic.  The schools opened today and people are back at work.

Early winters morning along the Liesbeek river trail on the way to school with the boys. I wish we could do it more often. There is something magical about riding a tunnel of light.

Very nice picture actually.

Some more pics of my commute.  Did "Route B" this morning which is a change in the first 15 odd KM of my route to work.  Insteading of riding out the ridge fairly early where one can see the Alps from,  I continue on a route that follows the Isar river/canal until I join up on the main route again later.

post-71-0-16118600-1464681874_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-50751800-1464681881_thumb.jpg

Some pictures to prove that the cycle lanes do get used.  Today should have been normal traffic but I must admit for some or other reason there was much less traffic than normal.

post-71-0-95289700-1464681888_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-32396200-1464681895_thumb.jpg

Can anybody tell me why my pics are tilted in Landscape as I did upload it as portrait pictures?

Pic of our commute home last night, into the wind in a misty Cape Town..

attachicon.gifIMG_4671.JPG

Are those the cycle lanes in the Paardeeiland direction?  Going north out of the CBD?