Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka presents Tour de France team

News bot

After naming a 13 rider long list for the Tour de France less than a week ago, Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka is extremely happy to announce its final selection of 9 riders that will take on the 103rd edition of the Le Grand Boucle - the first ever for an African World Tour team.

Click here to view the article

African team? Pfft This team is full of okes from "Link"???

Go forbid they take the best possible team to the TDF.

That is in my opinion a very good team..

Focus on polkadot and stage wins.. and hoping crossing my fingers support for Eddie B in the green jersey competition.

Go forbid they take the best possible team to the TDF.

That is in my opinion a very good team..

Focus on polkadot and stage wins.. and hoping crossing my fingers support for Eddie B in the green jersey competition.

I think you missed my "joke" there.

*they edited the article already, not everyone will get it.

Aaah yes I see

So who missed out from the 13 squad. Farrar and 3 Africans.

Think the squad would have had totally different make up if Cavendish wasn't signed, so now he really has to deliver!

African team? Pfft This team is full of okes from "Link"???

i'm the only one lazy to read :ph34r:

So who missed out from the 13 squad. Farrar and 3 Africans.

Think the squad would have had totally different make up if Cavendish wasn't signed, so now he really has to deliver!

Now that he is in the GB squad I can't see how he will.. focus and training has been on track.. and it will show during the long sprint stages.. Maybe he can have a go if the group splits and win from a smaller bunch.. but I donno.. the speed will he there. But it's the stamina that will be an issue.

Hope I eat my words but I think Cav is past it. Strong team otherwise. Gotta feel for the guys that missed out.

Of course they would had to have included Cav, And that meant Bernie and Mark had to come, Maybe they will get lucky and get a stage. Times have changed. Or maybe it all flop and then they can move along.

Bummed Mr Venter not in the team, he showed great form and tenacity at the Giro

ONLY one South African?! Wow this is bad!

Also disappointing to see lead out men selected instead of the two Spanish climbers. Basically its team built 100% around Cavendish and flat stages.

Basically what I predicted the team to be barring Berhane over Jaco.  I think based on the skills and who we signed it is a pretty good team. 

I really hope Cav delivers and does not take support (Bernie and Renshaw) away from EBH as I think he is in the form of his life and is a better than Cav right now. 

Daniel will push for early stage Polka dot jersey.  Serge will be the most aggresive rider we have and Renie will be the worker.  Cummings will target one stage win. 

Would love to have see Louis in this side.  He is maturing nicely.  Lampre don't look a good squad.  DD seem far better on paper and the Procycling stats to date.