Giant introduce new Anthem, Trance, XtC and Fathom mountain bikes

News bot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then wait for the 2017 Anthem 29ers to be revealed. Everyone is quick to make assumptions on what hasn't been said. 2 days ago you didn't know any of the range.....

post-59129-0-48289900-1473680592_thumb.jpg

Caught a sneakpeak from an unnamed source of the 2017 Anthem X 29er 2 today. From the looks of it they have given the 2016 frame some white paint and slapped some leftover components on it. Is that the old XT M780 10speed groupset? And a SR Suntour fork?

It's disappointing that the Anthem X hasn't received any of the R&D attention that the 27.5" received. No boost hubs? No forged carbon rocker? No new metric shock with trunnion mount? And this is personal preference but still no option for the shifter cables and dropper cable to be internally routed?

Or is the 2017 Anthem X announcement still coming and the above picture is just a super cheap option for someone who doesn't mind old stuff?

From what I understand, Yes.

That is the Anthem X 29'er 2.

The model on the website (https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/bikes-anthem-x-29er) gets full SLX 1x11 gruppo with boost fork on last year's frame.

Aha. Thanks for pointing that out. I saw the lumo lime colour and assumed they hadn't updated the website yet.

Edit: you would think they would just make a new aluminium rear triangle so that could be boost as well. It's the carbon moulds that need to be used for a couple years, surely they could have changed up their aluminium.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Edited by Christofison

• 1 month later...

I heard just recently that the New Anthem 29er which will apparently be arriving in March or so 2017 will have exactly the same layout / geometry and specs as the new Anthem 27.5 has.

ie slacker head angle..120mm suspension ..Trunion mount etc etc....

im waiting in anticipation 

• 4 months later...

I heard just recently that the New Anthem 29er which will apparently be arriving in March or so 2017 will have exactly the same layout / geometry and specs as the new Anthem 27.5 has.

Any more news on this?

Interested to see what they come up with.

Any more news on this?

Interested to see what they come up with.

A fancy new price for the new paint and a small tweek in their jig to make you believe its all new and exciting.

• 3 weeks later...

A fancy new price for the new paint and a small tweek in their jig to make you believe its all new and exciting.

Revised geometry with longer travel and boost spacing along with trunion mount rear shock is new and exciting.

The 27.5" bikes were well received.

I am keen to see what the end product looks like (and costs), but cant find anything on the interwebs.

Does anyone have a link to some news?

Revised geometry with longer travel and boost spacing along with trunion mount rear shock is new and exciting.

The 27.5" bikes were well received.

I am keen to see what the end product looks like (and costs), but cant find anything on the interwebs.

Does anyone have a link to some news?

Nothing on Pinkbike yet. And those forums generally have guys who trawl the web for any updates and leaks. 

The new 2017 Anthem 29er is one of the most anticipated bikes of 2017. The old 29er was getting a bit stale... that said - I still think one of the best on the trails.

Might look at the new one... Look only as my wallet does not allow any more...

Hmmm, how reliable is your source? They were either talking out their arse or Giant are running late. My guess is that they'll just save it for their 2018 range, most likely announced in September/October.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk