Giant introduce new Anthem, Trance, XtC and Fathom mountain bikes

News bot

Hmmm, how reliable is your source? They were either talking out their arse or Giant are running late. My guess is that they'll just save it for their 2018 range, most likely announced in September/October.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

No, he was right. Launch has reportedly been put back to June / July. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he was right. Launch has reportedly been put back to June / July. 

a very trusted source , but alas i couldnt wait any longer ....i jumped ship to a Spaz Carbon Stumpjumper that i scored a crazy deal on  :clap:

a very trusted source , but alas i couldnt wait any longer ....i jumped ship to a Spaz Carbon Stumpjumper that i scored a crazy deal on  :clap:

very good bike, that. And would rip the Anthem to shreds. 

very good bike, that. And would rip the Anthem to shreds. 

and it came with a PIKE up front  :thumbup:

The new Anthem 29's delayed released caused me to jump ship to a Yeti ASR... Prior to this I only ever rode Anthems and loved them. The Yeti is a cool bike but not nearly as efficient as an Anthem. The Anthem does everything so well.

I hope that Giant get the new 29er Anthem right and follow the latest trends.

*going fishing*

what would it take to get a test bike on the "new" 27.5 anthem ?

A trip yo that place that left you a bit cold last time, but is now under new management

A trip yo that place that left you a bit cold last time, but is now under new management

oh them ..... new management or new sales staff?

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that all online sneakpeaks of the 2018 Anthem 2 29er have been removed. Removed from Bikehub & removed from my Giant LBS facebook page. Under strict instruction I ussume? Does anyone have some inside info?

Edited by Christofison

Has anyone else noticed that all online sneakpeaks of the 2018 Anthem X 2 have been removed. Removed from Bikehub & removed from my Giant LBS facebook page. Under strict instruction I ussume? Does anyone have some inside info?

Probably waiting for the official launch

In the meantime, the bikes are in shops and for sale.

R39 250 for the Anthem X2 (with very similar spec and R1000 more than the 2017 model)

Edited by splat

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/giants-new-dh-shoes-and-the-rebirth-of-the-anthem-29-sea-otter-2017.html

Carl Decker showed up ready to race at the Sea Otter Classic aboard an early version of the carbon bike. The final details are still being kept under wraps, but Giant did say that the bike has 90mm of rear travel and a 100mm up front, and a full carbon frame.

Full details about the Anthem should be announced in June, with availability beginning sometime in the fall.

p5pb14642820.jpg

Probably waiting for the official launch

In the meantime, the bikes are in shops and for sale.

R39 250 for the Anthem X2 (with very similar spec and R1000 more than the 2017 model)

Any links to shops or shop names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any links to shops or shop names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olympic Cycles: http://www.olympiccycles.co.za/shop/giant-anthem-2-29er-2018/

I saw one at John o Connor Cycles a short while ago

Giant Durbanville

https://www.facebook.com/GiantDurbanville/

Bridge Cycles: http://www.bridgecycles.co.za/Giant-Anthem-2-29-ER-Carbon-Mountain%20Bike%20?filter_name=giant%20anthem%2029