[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Got it thanks ????

type your name in the results section. Will see it just below the Cycle Challenge start time.

Got it thanks ???? Edited by Pikey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, I don't know. The mystery of the BETA eludes is all.

I don't calculate the seeding index, it's done by Racetec/PPA and is part of the service they provide, which we pay for.

This is the first time we are using Racetec, and it's about 3-4 years since we last used Cycle Events, so the last few races were excluded from the seeding index. I managed to get the results to ASG as a favour for assisting them with the Emperor's route this year. Now it will be easier that we use Racetec as the timing company.

I hope that I can get a better insight into their process next week, when we spend the best part of two days together.

As far as last year (Feb this year) is concerned, the winning tandems must have taken a shortcut somewhere or AL were on a Sunday cruise. Seriously though, AL should be closer to 2:25 - 2:30 in good weather conditions. If the seeding uses an adjusted time due to the Elite distance, then 2:12-2:15 would that adjusted winning time. 2009 was the last time the Elites did the 103km distance.

Expect the 125km to be around 2:55 - 3:00. I'll predict 2:57 (let's see how close I get).

Thank you Gerald. I hope AL will be in racing mode. It's my last chance to get a good seeding for CTCT. 94.7 with all its climbing won't do me any favours in that regard.

Are there lot more entries than the satellite classic? Satellite I was seeded BL and had a good rideand improved my index. Carnival city seeded DL??

Are there lot more entries than the satellite classic? Satellite I was seeded BL and had a good rideand improved my index. Carnival city seeded DL??

Could be a combination of:

Better quality field doing this event;

More entries (not sure how many the Satellite Classic had, but I doubt it was 5000 when less than 2500 had timing chips);

The Satellite Classic had 3 distances. For this event the open groups can only do 103 or 65 .

Edit: and ASG uses their own seeding system.

Edited by geraldm24

More entries (not sure how many the Satellite Classic had, but I doubt it was 5000 when less than 2500 had timing chips);

The Satellite Classic had 3 distances. For this event the open groups can only do 103 or 65 .

Thank you that's also true asg use there own seeding system.

Do you think from D a sub 3 will be possible?

it is possible, as a few have done so in the past. Requires work from a few people to keep the pace up.

The Sheriff, who was banned on this forum last year, did a lot of work for Carpet this year to get her a sub3.

Mangaung MTB tour was today and the last I checked it was 36 degrees in the car, those guys probably melted. . .