[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost the same number of entries as February - a mad rush to get last minute entries in, and hopefully some late entries and we'll exceed February's number.

A bit disappointing, but give our current economic situation (country) and a second event in 2016, we should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost the same number of entries as February - a mad rush to get last minute entries in, and hopefully some late entries and we'll exceed February's number.

A bit disappointing, but give our current economic situation (country) and a second event in 2016, we should be happy.

How many more were you expecting?

And is this gonna be the slot for the race at this time of the year from now on?

How many more were you expecting?

And is this gonna be the slot for the race at this time of the year from now on?

Would a 20-30% increase be unrealistic? Perhaps.

It's almost as if it's a new event, and we have to start over.

I think the average Joe/Jane doing the Cycle Challenge doesn't know about it, or they think having an event so close will tyre (pun intended) them out.

Would a 20-30% increase be unrealistic? Perhaps.

It's almost as if it's a new event, and we have to start over.

I think the average Joe/Jane doing the Cycle Challenge doesn't know about it, or they think having an event so close will tyre (pun intended) them out.

The timing just before "the other race" is good. I think more people will enter as soon as they catch on that this is either a good test or solid training session before mid November.

I was hoping to crack 3hrs this time, but my training is just not there...

Not sure how many of you are aware of the emergency app service called mySOS. They send you an SMS to download and use the app during the event - one push of the race logo and the JOC/VOC is contacted and medical teams sent to you.

They have approached us, and while we agree that it could be of use, there is also the POPI act that we need to adhere to. 

Cycle Events won't send your information to them, and neither will we, without your permission. This means we have declined the service, but have indicated that the option could be provided for during the online entry process.

What sort of numbers are you talking about?

Satellite this weekend had 5000 over all cats...your event is years ahead in terms of well....everything

Keep doing the good work....word of mouth will pay off 

How does this compare to Emperors in terms of times and difficulty ? I know both are flat and fast but just like to have an idea of where I would be.

Did Emperors in 2:42

How does this compare to Emperors in terms of times and difficulty ? I know both are flat and fast but just like to have an idea of where I would be.

As you mention they are both flat and fast and similar routes and profiles etc. Will largely depend on the weather/wind on the day. As an example I did Emperors in 2:20 and Carnival in 2:30 both in VC this year but the last bit was into quite a strong headwind at Carnival if memory serves me

The planned MTB routes, as well as the backup route (in case of heavy rains like last Friday), will be posted later in the week.

Cool thanks

It's about the same for both events, in terms of average speeds for the whole distance, and the elevation difference doesn't (535 vs 640). That's comparing group vs group rather than individuals.

Where Emperors is pretty much out and back, the 103/125 route is a fig-o-8 shape which means you get the wind from all sides at some point in time.

Emperors is pretty much in the opposite direction, except for the section from the R23/R550 4 way up to the R103 before Heidelberg.

If you're in D or lower, a sub-3 is a possibility but does require some group work in D.

Not sure how many of you are aware of the emergency app service called mySOS. They send you an SMS to download and use the app during the event - one push of the race logo and the JOC/VOC is contacted and medical teams sent to you.

They have approached us, and while we agree that it could be of use, there is also the POPI act that we need to adhere to.

Cycle Events won't send your information to them, and neither will we, without your permission. This means we have declined the service, but have indicated that the option could be provided for during the online entry process.

Please don't, they spam your inbox.