Spotted in Durbs...

JKK

Drove into Durban yesterday behind this guy.

Are Taxis now offering bike transport as an additional service?

post-34873-0-65913200-1467617723_thumb.jpg

post-34873-0-22182200-1467617728_thumb.jpg

post-34873-0-13975400-1467617731_thumb.jpg

There is a few minibus Taxis riding around in the Cape Town area with bike racks attached. 

So not entirely unprecedented.

There was a trend up here some years back for taxis to have bike racks fitted. There was usually a 12" or 16" kid's bike attached. Don't see that too much anymore, though.   

There was a trend up here some years back for taxis to have bike racks fitted. There was usually a 12" or 16" kid's bike attached. Don't see that too much anymore, though.   

There was a trend some time in Pretoria as well.  Apparently it was to help cover the number plates.  That is what I was told.

a dale with a lefty seems a bit of an expensive number plate blocker ( unless the money he saves in fines makes it worthwhile which must make him the worlds scariest taxi driver) :eek:

There was a trend some time in Pretoria as well.  Apparently it was to help cover the number plates.  That is what I was told.

Aaaaah, that makes sense...I actually posted a warning issued by the Western Cape roads department, saying that cops would be fining people on their way to the Knysna race at the weekend who lights and number plates were obscured. 

Bike rack looks high end to , was it not a Avis hire bus ?

Doubt it with that sticker in the back window.

Aaaaah, that makes sense...I actually posted a warning issued by the Western Cape roads department, saying that cops would be fining people on their way to the Knysna race at the weekend who lights and number plates were obscured. 

I know there has been a few races in the past, especially north of Pretoria (Kremetart, Bela-Bela, Carousel, etc) where the cops wised up and were harvesting on those days.  Not sure if it is still the case.

Drove into Durban yesterday behind this guy.

Are Taxis now offering bike transport as an additional service?

attachicon.gifIMG-20160703-WA0004.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160703-WA0009.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160703-WA0005.jpg

It couldn't be a taxi. ALL the taxis in Durban and surrounds are souped up, dropped suspensions and seriaaas sound and some graphics designed....

Perhaps a courtesy bus of some sort?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I know there has been a few races in the past, especially north of Pretoria (Kremetart, Bela-Bela, Carousel, etc) where the cops wised up and were harvesting on those days.  Not sure if it is still the case.

Wasn't Beaufort West notorious for these fines around Argus time? People used to joke that the revenue pulled the council out the red every year... 

Wasn't Beaufort West notorious for these fines around Argus time? People used to joke that the revenue pulled the council out the red every year... 

Yes I remember.  On the N3 in KZN during Amashova as well.