Quintana....TDF loser...or future winner?

buzzboxsa

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree bring back the Team Time Trial.  You should always have one team time trial and atleast 1 individual time trial at a Grand Tour. 

I thought swimming was a hobby not a sport :P

no, that's golf.

Swimming is a survival skill and golf is a hobby. #justsaying

Team Sky is just that - a Team and the "A" team at that.

NQ seems to be part of a group of individuals rather than a team. Valverde can't be a one man support team.

Aru shows up 3 days before the end of the tour and all of a sudden, we see the sea of Astana riders leading the peleton, I was amazed how many Astana riders were still in the tour it had been that long since we'd seen them. And the Nibali "I'm here for Aru" has to be the funniest thing heard all tour.

Bardet was supported all tour by his team, unfortunately for him, they're just not strong enough to control the way Sky do. After reading this thread, I'm surprised this guy's talent is so easily discounted, he climbs well, descends well, TT's well, he;s like a young French Nabili - definite contender in years to come.

Yates and Meintjies are both incredible talents and both rode the coat tails of the big teams all the way - they had to, they didn't have their own teams helping (Impey tried for Yates a few times to be fair).

DDD might be down at the bottom in the team results but nevertheless, they went with a plan and they nailed it big time - very proud to watch their tour unfold the way it did.

Froome/Team Sky management got it right, let the others learn and come back fighting - I saw the Man City reference but didn't lowly Leicester City just win the Premiership??

Now back to 11 months of waiting for Le Tour to return

Edited by Downhill Junkie

If you offered any cyclist a spot on the podium, they'd take it. Quintana might not have won, but he beat the last-placed finisher (also a pro racer), by over five hours. I'd hardly call him a loser.

Still, it would have been nice to see Froome panic a bit more. 

NQ certainly had an "off "tour by his standards .

But as already mentioned here he finished 3rd..... Not too bad Nige .

I didn't want CF to win , but he WON the tour .... No rider was in his class .

Attack on the decent , in the wind , and smoking hot in both TT's .

Deserved winner .....

RB was brilliant to fly under the radar and eventually get 2nd .

Louis gonna be THE MAN in years to come ....

Roll on 2017 Le TOUR

Actually I would go as far as to say that considering Sky's enormous budget that they in fact aren't performing as well as what they should be... now yes the TDF is massive.. BUT with that budget they should be able to dominate every GT and also all the classics..it has taken them until this year to win a monument (Wout Poels won Liege-Bastogne-Liege)  :ph34r:  

It was marginal   :ph34r:

Initially when Phil said "NQ will/must attack now" I won't lie I sat up, towards the end every time he said it I wanted to throw something at the tv thinking,,,,seriaaaas you still think it's going to happen???,,, it's impossible attacking a full team with one or two riders who are in the red themselves already and think you going to pip Froome. Hats off he came up short but I don't think it's fair to say loser, every pro SA rider would kill to be labeled off fitness to podium

It's a three week race. Every day is hard. Some very hard. Some very hard and very long. Yet the couch warriors want to see an attack every day and exciting combative racing on every climb. It is exactly that kind of "I only want to see highlights" attitude that lead to the UCI looking the other way when doping took over racing. With doping you will see attacking on every climb and on every day. You will see every day of a three week tour looking like a spring classic. Riders going at it like they didn't race the day before and are not concerned about saving anything for the next day.

If you don't like test cricket don't watch it. If even limited overs stretch your powers of concentration then watch T20. Well Grand Tours are like test cricket. There are lots of sub plots and stand out performances to see if you know what to look for. Inspiring moments hardly remembered. Like Daryl tearing the yellow jersey group apart on the last climb of the tour in an attempt to protect Yates position.

And Quintana didn't lose. He came third.

If you don't like test cricket don't watch it. If even limited overs stretch your powers of concentration then watch T20. Well Grand Tours are like test cricket. There are lots of sub plots and stand out performances to see if you know what to look for. Inspiring moments hardly remembered. Like Daryl tearing the yellow jersey group apart on the last climb of the tour in an attempt to protect Yates position.

And Quintana didn't lose. He came third.

65804775.jpg

It was hard avoiding all the news before I watched the catch up late at night ,a certain assHOLE HUBBER went to extraordinary measures to stuff up Sagans win for me,,,,,the wheel turns

It was hard avoiding all the news before I watched the catch up late at night ,a certain assHOLE HUBBER went to extraordinary measures to stuff up Sagans win for me,,,,,the wheel turns

Not on... The community doesn't need this

Ja. He did it to me too. So selfish. Enjoyed the stage then spoiled it for the rest.

You get those "mates" they were the kids who enjoyed breaking our hearts about the easter bunny,tooth fairy,,Father Christmas, couldn't help themselves

You get those "mates" they were the kids who enjoyed breaking our hearts about the easter bunny,tooth fairy,,Father Christmas, couldn't help themselves

What about Father Christmas... what do you know???? Can't believe he manages to get to everyone in one night, must be the flying reindeer that get him there so fast... or Peter Pan.