What's the best aggressive trail tyre for CT areas? 29'r

T-Bob

I'm running Ibex 2.25 front and back on 29" rims with a 26mm ID.

Would there be a benefit to upsize the front to the 2.4?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just bought me a new 29er, but it came with Conti XKings front and rear. The front's handling is not really nice, keeps on washing out.  

As I am analy retentive, would a Conti MountainKing be any good up front, or would it be better to fit a different make (I might have funny twitch every time I look at it though)?

Edited by Moridin

So, just bought me a new 29er, but it came with Conti XKings front and rear. The front's handling is not really nice, keeps on washing out.  

As I am analy retentive, would a Conti MountainKing be any good up front, or would it be better to fit a different make (I might have funny twitched every time I look at it though)?

get the MountainKing II if you are looking to go the Conti route, still my preferred choice on my not so trail bike, Cont MK II front XKing rear

As I am analy retentive, would a Conti MountainKing be any good up front, or would it be better to fit a different make (I might have funny twitch every time I look at it though)?

I mixed and matched... I do have that funny feeling each time i think of it and when I'm getting the bike in and out of the ute but then I ride it and I know it's gooooood... 

the secret is to not wash your tyres when you clean your bike .... or go pro and black out the logo's :P

Off topic, but whose going to jump on the 26+ hype train. Best thing since sliced bread, apparently.

watching with interest .... and hoping the Banshee with 26'er drop outs, and then the DVO Diamond, can take the 26+ .... for poops and giggles that is.

So I went to the local Spez shop and got myself the Butcher in Grid 2BR. I like the Purgatory, but that one was only available in Control version.

I also got a nice discount at the Spez shop because I am a Wannabees member, which sealed the deal. Hey, money don't grow on trees.   :clap:

Edited by Moridin

Thanks a lot Myles. The 'step up' is absolutely huge. Don't think a lot of people realise how big. Well, I didn't before I went.

Made me soooo hungry to go back and race & train over there now.

I'm working on it...watch this space.....

My son loves the XCO scene, and he is dreaming of going over to Switzerland or France as soon as he is finished with his studies to get a job there and join the XCO scene there to learn as much as he can. He is 16 now, so he has time for planning still. He is also dreaming of becoming a bike designer. Boys and their dreams, hey.  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Anyone seen any Maxxis Minion SS rubber about and which shops have them / cost? 

The agents don't have them in the country yet, they should be landing mid-November though...