Howick MTB Club - Trails, Routes and local riders

Griffin

No its the green goblin snot lying thick on the ground. I see you guys got your work cut out for you after the storm. Thanks for what you've accomplished already.

Think the Goblins have had a round of flu lmao !

Yeah.. a LOT of clearing to do. Sometimes feels like we have just got a section sorted and then we have another storm/wind.. we chasing our tails !

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffin:

I know this has probably been mentioned but I will ask again:

How do I renew our memberships for 2017. I struggle a bit with the ROAG website :ph34r:

Step by step (apologies if you already know some of this but using it as a general guide ) :

- Register on ROAG (www.roag.co.za). Its a free registration and we use your ROAG number as your club membership number. We also utilize the ROAG system/ database for online payments/contact details/emergency contacts etc. For us Its simply a matter of making use of a system that is already established and well known in KZN (our majority membership area)

- Once registered, log in and go to Entries & Info - Howick MTB Club Membership 2017 (or follow http://www.roag.co.za/entries--info.aspx)

- Click on Enter now or More info .. depending on what you require

- Fill in the necessary details.. do on online or EFT payment.. and viola.. you done :)

- ROAG posts you your board/sticker

- Whilst awaiting your board/sticker just use the printout of your paid up membership as proof of being a legal rider

2017 Early Bird prices are in effect from 1 Oct to 31 Dec.. which means you pay 2016 membership price for a 2017 membership. This is applicable to both renewals and new members.

Howick MTB Club uses a red ROAG board and you have the option of replacing your current board or utilizing the membership sticker only. By doing this we avoid you having to swop out boards. The sticker goes in the bottom right hand corner of your ROAG board and changes colour depending on the applicable year. Remember that the annual members can make use of the reciprocity agreement between Howick MTB Club and Karkloof MTB Club.. meaning that you can ride both trail networks under one membership license.

Edited by Griffin

Step by step (apologies if you already know some of this but using it as a general guide ) :

- Register on ROAG (www.roag.co.za). Its a free registration and we use your ROAG number as your club membership number. We also utilize the ROAG system/ database for online payments/contact details/emergency contacts etc. For us Its simply a matter of making use of a system that is already established and well known in KZN (our majority membership area)

- Once registered, log in and go to Entries & Info - Howick MTB Club Membership 2017 (or follow http://www.roag.co.za/entries--info.aspx)

- Click on Enter now or More info .. depending on what you require

- Fill in the necessary details.. do on online or EFT payment.. and viola.. you done :)

- ROAG posts you your board/sticker

- Whilst awaiting your board/sticker just use the printout of your paid up membership as proof of being a legal rider

2017 Early Bird prices are in effect from 1 Oct to 31 Dec.. which means you pay 2016 membership price for a 2017 membership. This is applicable to both renewals and new members.

Howick MTB Club uses a red ROAG board and you have the option of replacing your current board or utilizing the membership sticker only. By doing this we avoid you having to swop out boards. The sticker goes in the bottom right hand corner of your ROAG board and changes colour depending on the applicable year. Remember that the annual members can make use of the reciprocity agreement between Howick MTB Club and Karkloof MTB Club.. meaning that you can ride both trail networks under one membership license.

Great thanks Griffin. So I can simply order a new sticker via ROAG as I have the 2016 board and current green sticker? That is great thanks, if I struggle on the site I will contact ROAG then.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R400 for the year- bargain.(R1.10 a day for all that trail- we spoilt )

Helluva bargain [emoji1360][emoji16]

Great thanks Griffin. So I can simply order a new sticker via ROAG as I have the 2016 board and current green sticker? That is great thanks, if I struggle on the site I will contact ROAG then.

Cheers

100% . Before checkout you have the option of choosing a board or just a sticker 

Trail news

We are aware of a fence/gate that has been erected at the entrance to the Howick Trails opposite Greendale Spar. This is private land and we are in the process of getting a land access agreement approved by the land owner. In the meantime please do not climb over the fence/gate as any damage makes it even more difficult to get approval. Alternative routes include access up Hospital Hill and into Home Jerome or up Hyslop Rd into Eagle Ridge Run

Rushlot has been cleared of overgrowth and bridge repairs done. Just be careful of bishpig/erosion holes

Rest of the trails are looking good. We have had some rain so it is a bit slippery under the pine canopy.. but that is just a great excuse to test your bike skills ;) 

100% . Before checkout you have the option of choosing a board or just a sticker

Thanks for the help. 2017 membership paid for and stickers on their way. Happiness! [emoji1379]

Thanks for the help. 2017 membership paid for and stickers on their way. Happiness! [emoji1379]

The new season's sticker is yellow.  I voted for pink, but was outvoted.  :thumbdown: :P

Edited by blondeonabike

The new season's sticker is yellow.  I voted for pink, but was outvoted.  :thumbdown: :P

Blondonabike is sponsoring a plate of brownies to the first person to guess the 2018 sticker colour... ;) 

Blondonabike is sponsoring a plate of brownies to the first person to guess the 2018 sticker colour... ;)

Chartreuse...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:blink: My baking :w00t:

You so funny Grif.

Ask Chainsaw why he is such a skraal oke.  :whistling:

But okay....guess the colour right and invite the winner for a ride.   I'll bake for a victim guest. :thumbup: Ill throw in a long sleeved club shirt. 

Edited by blondeonabike

:blink: My baking :w00t:

You so funny Grif.

Ask Chainsaw why he is such a skraal oke.  :whistling:

But okay....guess the colour right and invite the winner for a ride.   I'll bake for a victim guest. :thumbup: Ill throw in a long sleeved club shirt. 

T&C apply   :blink:  :huh:   :w00t:  :eek:  :clap:  :mellow: