Toptube bags - Are they legal?

AdamA

Are Toptube Bags legal? When attaching one to your bike do you have to hand in your Man Card?

I have one, but have only fitted it to my wife's bike and places tissues, energy bars inside, lipice and sun-screen inside.

What are the rules regarding these.

banjo-brothers-top-tube-bag-01062-stock.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an oversized one (Topeak Fuel tank) for shorter rides to carry spares and essentials when I don't feel like lugging the Camelbak around. Having a dropper post means that I can't use a saddle bag and I only have place for 1 x bottle cage, so I can't use those cylinder thingies for spares if I want to take a bottle along as well.

Everything stays clean and dry, and its close by if you need it. The Topeak Fuel Tank is also one of the few that I have seen that comfortably fits bikes with oversized joints where the bottom and top tubes join the headset (common on the newer carbon bikes these days).

according to bikehub fashion police, those ultra knowledgable, never wrong high IQ individuals, i have a caravan attached to my farmgate's saddle. No comment about my toptube bag from them though, so i reckon you are safe.

^_^

You dont need a top tube bag, you just need a friend with one. He will have all the spares you need.

Samurai Sword, Bomb and a postive attitude is all you need if your buddy has a TopTubeBag or Camelbak.

You dont need a top tube bag, you just need a friend with one. He will have all the spares you need.

Samurai Sword, Bomb and a postive attitude is all you need if you buddy has a TopTubeBag or Camelbak.

Having more than 1000 posts you should know better than to rely on someone else ;-)

I have a friend who tells me this bag is for softies only and he would never consider one. Of course that it may wear out the Epic sticker on his top tube has nothing to do with it  :devil:

I have one, initially for longer rides so it was easy to get to food. But now i use it on all rides, be it for my phone/food/gopro/car keys/spares. 

Regardless of how it looks, its pretty useful. 

I have a friend who tells me this bag is for softies only and he would never consider one. Of course that it may wear out the Epic sticker on his top tube has nothing to do with it :devil:

Epic stickers, cockroaches and Zuma, only things that can survive a nuclear war.

When you do definitely lose your man card, is when you don't carry your own sh i t to fix your own sh i t and have to ask random strangers to borrow their sh i t.

So carry your own sh i t.

No-one cares where.

When you do definitely lose your man card, is when you don't carry your own sh i t to fix your own sh i t and have to ask random strangers to borrow their sh i t.

So carry your own sh i t.

No-one cares where.

So don't ride with strangers?

Samurai Sword, Bomb and a postive attitude is all you need if you buddy has a TopTubeBag or Camelbak.

Though, having/being seen with a buddy with a top tube bag, is almost as embarrassing as having one yourself...

I've unfriended many ex riding partners on Facebook for this offence..

I'm shallow like that...

Though, having/being seen with a buddy with a top tube bag, is almost as embarrassing as having one yourself...

I've unfriended many ex riding partners on Facebook for this offence..

I'm shallow like that...

Man-card gone. Bye-bye.

Archived