[Event] Durbie Dash

BigNiner

got email telling me 'last chance to enter' so all must be in order. naa ' dont think so , will vote with the wally and do a DC training ride , blow some bucks on a lekker cupocheeno and cake in the french corner instead.

good luck to all those riding - have a lekker one

Edited by Andy Arnesan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know this was tomorrow!! Also, a nice early start and only 90km, so can get back to the fam dam in a decent time. 

Yoh, when work is *** its amazing how the thought of a little suffering on the pedals helps.

Didn't know this was tomorrow!! Also, a nice early start and only 90km, so can get back to the fam dam in a decent time. 

Yoh, when work is *** its amazing how the thought of a little suffering on the pedals helps.

Its also Sauvignon Blanc festival in the surrounding D'ville wine farms this weekend - might be worth dragging the family beyond the boerewors curtain to join you..

Who can tell me, the piece at Meerendal, is it climbing up or do the guys coming down on that single track, and at what km mark will that be?

Popeye, don't know the route exactly but as I understand they will be climbing up on Dorstberg, go down the quarry side and then later on they will be coming back up from Hoogekraal on the front of Meerendal close to the Vissershok road (like they did for the Epic 2(?) years ago)

so they just go straight up the jeep track @ Meerendal pass that little canon at the top?

So, where will be a good spot to take photo's, I can get up to the top of dorsberg, but that is just a steep gravel road  to the top? and everyone is standing there with tafelberg as a background.

So, they will not do the sweeping down single track?

Edited by popeye

so they just go straight up the jeep track @ Meerendal pass that little canon at the top?

So, where will be a good spot to take photo's, I can get up to the top of dorsberg, but that is just a steep gravel road  to the top? and everyone is standing there with tafelberg as a background.

popeye - Im not 100% sure, they might climb up the singletrack, don't think they will use it to go down.

My guess would be the best places to catch riders coming down on singletrack will be at Contermanskloof blue route or Hoogekraal (but then you will only catch the long distance riders)

I try to understand the route map, but looks like there is more water points then km's in that long route, but then again, they don't make today's cyclist the same as in the old days :-)

I see they got a RP4 (I guess its a rest point?) at km 27, 5 at meerendal and then there is on the way back at km 56km another RP7 at meerendal.

Looks like the 56km is the coming down, just not sure the route

I'n ny time, meerendal was not open to cyclist, so I'm not very familiar with the farm

Edited by popeye

I would imagine they would climb Dorstberg using the jeeptrack, and then the singletrack coming back down. 

Going down the jeeptrack might just be a bridge too far for many, so late in the race.  :ph34r:

Its also Sauvignon Blanc festival in the surrounding D'ville wine farms this weekend - might be worth dragging the family beyond the boerewors curtain to join you..

Going to see if cash in some brownie points. Wife got knocked up so no wine for her, she can take photos of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a waste of time to collect the small entry sticker from CWC this afternoon...

Anyway, what is the 90km starting times for all groups. Or otherwise, the time gaps between the groups?

Elites ($) off at 6:00am

Vets/Subvets (VA/VB)

Ladies

Tandems

Alphabet soup (A-Z)

So, where will be a good spot to take photo's, I can get up to the top of dorsberg, but that is just a steep gravel road to the top? and everyone is standing there with tafelberg as a background.

Best spot, the road race. Much better subjects to take photos of...

What a waste of time to collect the small entry sticker from CWC this afternoon...

Anyway, what is the 90km starting times for all groups. Or otherwise, the time gaps between the groups?

Vets/Subvets (VA/VB)

Ladies

Tandems

Alphabet soup (A-Z)

2 min gaps. Tandems go after C

Vets/Subvets (VA/VB)

Ladies

Tandems

Alphabet soup (A-Z)

Not sure of rest, but here league

1.      Elites/U23 and Junior men              06h00

2.      Sub-vets                                             06h05

3.      Vets                                                    06h10

4.      Senior scholars                                 06h15

5.      Masters and Racing women         06h20

Edited by Karman de Lange

Best spot, the road race. Much better subjects to take photos of...

Uhm

You mean, er, better looking bikes ????