Another site to sell bikes? Poll

BaGearA

Another site to sell bikes  

72 members have voted

1. 1. If There were to be a site to list ONLY bikes and components in a style similar to Auto Trader would you rather use that than a classifieds type situation would you rather use that than bikehub?

• Yes, to using other site
    • No , use bikehub

I think hubland is and will stay a favorite, since you "get to know the people" in the forums most often, before buying something. 

Bike hub Classifieds for sure.

There is a certain level of trust available here which you dont have with other classifieds.

Refining search criteria is already in place and I am sure it will get even better over time. 

The word search works very well

The fact that you are asking on bikehub if you should compete with bikehub, kinda answers the question.

Year model wont help cos no one on the classifieds seems to have a clue what year their bikes are anyway. It's either 2-3 years newer than reality or if they know it's *** old they just say I don't know

Don't forget "only done a few training rides and one August"

I think hubland is and will stay a favorite, since you "get to know the people" in the forums most often, before buying something.

And hubbers stick together, especially concerning skelms

Hub / Rouxtjie-rule.

Too many scammers out there - even the "private" sellers on autotrader appear to be decreasing.

No prob I was expecting answers like this , what i was trying to say is like on auto trader you can go Brand->Model->type->year  stuff like that to narrow it down super fast 

this is just something I thought of a while back and would just like to get some opinions :)I like the 

I like the idea , but the poll didn't state this idea clear enough. Rephrase it and the outcome might differ. 

Ok let me elaborate a little

the idea is not to compete with the hub the idea is to create a site dedicated to selling parts and bikes Nothing else. In a style similar to auto trader.

the issues like :

-people not knowing what model they are posting(or year ect.)

-Scammers

-Already existing classifieds section like BieHub

are all expected and i am trying to think of ways to get around it

Things like selling other stuff incl. entries,clothing,tools and so on. will stay here ,ALONG with the bikes and components.As well as the articals ,forums and so on (which I think the hub has more members anyway.

What I essentially want to know Is would you use a site like this ("cycle trader ",for example) or stick to BikeHub . Give a "Yes" or "No" answer and below that give your opinion on why this will or will not work.

AGAIN the goal is not to compete with BikeHUb but create a very interactive and extensive platform on which to find bikes and components.

:) thanks for the opinions thus far.  

"... but create a very interactive and extensive platform on which to find bikes and components"

www.bikehub.co.za

this is also just some crazy idea I had while taking a Dump BTW.....

Therein lies the answer...

Don't forget "only done a few training rides and one August"

And haven't done more than 250km

Archived