SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

Submitted return on 16 July; added supporting documentation 20 July. Still waiting for refund. Escalated through SARS call centre this morning

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted return on 16 July; added supporting documentation 20 July. Still waiting for refund. Escalated through SARS call centre this morning

Sent additional requested documents 19 July. Still waiting.

Your escalation means nothing. That escalation goes to a team leader that won't even read the mail because he/she has 1000s of others.

Haven't read this thread after first post because I loathe SARS and would blow a blood vessel.

Main problem is they have  21 day turnaround SLA and if they don't want to pay you your refund or otherwise address your account, they just give you some meaningless task so that they can click the switch for another 21 day turnaround.

For me it was:

SARS "We need documents"

Me "Which ones, you have them all.  Tell me what you need and I will supply"

Them "Documents"

Me "Which ones"

Them "Your documents"

Me "You have them all, tell me which ones you need and I will supply them"

Them "We can't say. You need to send your documents"

So first time submitted them online.

Then again online.

Then went to Alberton and handed them all in again.

Was so angry by the time it finished I didn't do the next 3 yrs returns as paying R1250 fine per year was cheaper than a stroke.

Now emigrating so have submitted 2016 and 17, been audited, submitted docs online and waiting for the "We need your documents" "Which ones?" "Can't say" routine. 2018 waiting to click the button once 2017 refund payed.  Or just prior to close of tax season, whichever comes first.

• 2 weeks later...

SARS needs to respond to my return by tomorrow for my 2016 tax and Weds for my 2017 tax...

Waiting with baited breath to see what they get up to...

So last Thursday I phoned, was told I should definitely have received an answer by now (originally filed 1 July) was told my case was being 'escalated' and to expect a call within 2 working days. How long is a SARS working day? An hour? 2 hours? Cos I've yet to receive the call....

So last Thursday I phoned, was told I should definitely have received an answer by now (originally filed 1 July) was told my case was being 'escalated' and to expect a call within 2 working days. How long is a SARS working day? An hour? 2 hours? Cos I've yet to receive the call....

I am in the tax game. I have been told on countless occasions that someone will return my call in 2 days. I have never had SARS return a call. If they do phone you at all, you will be very lucky.

I have also never had a resolution for any escalation and have never had a response to any of the complaints that were lodged.

I have lodged complaints on complaints, without success.

Edited by Eugene

I am in the tax game. I have been told on countless occasions that someone will return my call in 2 days. I have never had SARS return a call. If they do phone you at all, you will be very lucky.

I have also never had a resolution for any escalation and have never had a response to any of the complaints that were lodged.

I have lodged complaints on complaints, without success.

You ray of sunshine you, 'Gene...

But pretty much what I expected... Is there any point to phoning again or do I just wait it out?

i have a tax question regarding capital gains on an investment. The source code is 4250

I know that I have to create my form by answering the questions on the first page but I can't find the option that allows me to enter the base cost and proceeds etc.

Can someone help

i have a tax question regarding capital gains on an investment. The source code is 4250

I know that I have to create my form by answering the questions on the first page but I can't find the option that allows me to enter the base cost and proceeds etc.

Can someone help

The tick box for Capital Gain is under "foreign income" if you mark it yes, the CGT container should be opening. Edited by Eugene

So, I got a response. Refund changed from R9k odd to me owing them R300, no change in income Vs costs, so not sure how that came about, and a letter telling me that what they have on record doesn't match my docs. Please will I send my docs.

So what am I supposed to do - magic up docs that match what they have..?

What a fxcking joke.

So, I got a response. Refund changed from R9k odd to me owing them R300, no change in income Vs costs, so not sure how that came about, and a letter telling me that what they have on record doesn't match my docs. Please will I send my docs.

So what am I supposed to do - magic up docs that match what they have..?

What a fxcking joke.

the last request I had for documents included, and I **** you not, a request for the original purchase papers for my car (the same one I've submitted details on without hassle for the last 3 years) as well as an affidavit proving that the debit order for my medical aid really is a debit order for my medical aid.

You can't make this stuff up.