SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

I'd hate to tell you this, but SARS suspends that 60 day turnaround time from 15 Dec to 15 Jan each year. So, it could take upwards of 3 months this time of the year. Also, that is 60 working days.

That means, that if they don't attend to the objection for 15 Dec, there is a good chance you going to wait till next year.

It also depends on what you are objecting to. Non-Technical stuff, below a certain value is reviewed by a single person and therefore they might just do it over the festive season. Technical stuff is referred to a committee. These committees don't sit over the festive season.

I am still waiting.

According to SARS, 60 days from the 1st of November will be towards the end of Feb.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also still waiting for payout. Phone today and was told that there has been no submissions since 2015, according to them mY profile was one of those affected by the whole IT issue and that they are currently working on restoring. I call bs.

• 5 weeks later...

I received an email from SARS today stating that I need to submit an IRP6 before the end of the month. I don't recall having to do this before. Anyone here know what this is about?

Edit: I think it's because when I did my e-filing last year I saved an additional ITR12 and never submitted it. It actually needs to be deleted. 

I spoke to a guy from SARS and he advised that I open it and do the 'submitted at branch' option.

Edited by Jacquers

• 4 months later...

i also saw on Wednesday it was available. Completed and submitted mine yesterday and should get some cash back. Although the cash I'll get back is already allocated to a few expenses I need to make around the house:(

i also saw on Wednesday it was available. Completed and submitted mine yesterday and should get some cash back. Although the cash I'll get back is already allocated to a few expenses I need to make around the house:(

Rule number 1. Never spend a SARS refund until the cash is in your bank. I've been working with them/for them for 25 years and have learnt anything can happen along the way.

2019 Tax returns posted for those on efiling.

Already filed both mine and the wife's.  :thumbup:

Let the madness begin  :clap:

Maybe I should break my tradition of posting it within 24 hours of closing :P

I think I'm going to own them money...

Maybe I should break my tradition of posting it within 24 hours of closing :P

I think I'm going to own them money...

Do the Calc option before submitting...

If they need to pay you, Submit immediately. 

If you need to pay them, Submit on the last day. Makes sense

Rule number 1. Never spend a SARS refund until the cash is in your bank. I've been working with them/for them for 25 years and have learnt anything can happen along the way.

it isn't technically spent yet. I just have a list of what I need to buy once the money comes in. But its the same amount I get back most years so should get it

I went in to complete and try calculate, but it gives two errors:

Gross Retirement Funding value (3699) is blank;

Keeps showing the car's purchasing price is missing, but it's there (shows up blue once I fill it in, but then turns red once I go back into the return.

Payroll (at work) will need to resolve the 3699 error message, as I can't edit it online. As for the car purchase price, that will have to wait until I've got the 3699 problem fixed.

I dislike there new layout - the zoom is completely out and I can't see a lot of the fields when at 100%. Zooming in to 190% I can see a field, but it doesn't have a horizontal scroll bar. Thank goodness this is an annual return.

I can't fill anything in on the Car allowance claim section, just totally unresponsive.

Called the call centre and their standard "give it time, try again later"........

submitted my tax return on Thursday and money was in my account on Saturday

Submitted mine on Friday, so hopefully my payment should reflect today or tomorrow.

Struggling to get into my e-filing this morning, seems to be the new login system requires an OTP, which is only valid for 2 mins, but it only arrives on my phone or email after 4 mins, so not gettin gin.

Maybe the system is a bit overloaded with everyone trying to get their submissions in? Will try again after lunch.

Struggling to get into my e-filing this morning, seems to be the new login system requires an OTP, which is only valid for 2 mins, but it only arrives on my phone or email after 4 mins, so not gettin gin.

Maybe the system is a bit overloaded with everyone trying to get their submissions in? Will try again after lunch.

And then you have to click around randomly in the blank white space to find the area to enter the OTP in...its like a game