SARS & eFiling - What gives?!

Johan A Marais

Anyone have an idea what is happening at SARS. 

Apparently there is a stop payment on all eFiling payments.  My wife has been called to SARS now for 4 times just to submit the same documents.  Today she was told to come back again for a 5th time, now they want her original IRP5, not the one loaded onto eFiling.  On every visit they have taken all her documents, said it was all good, they have been scanned in, supervisor pops over and signs it off, just to be called back two weeks later for something else.  And this they refuse to explain to you on the phone - the message is always, you have to come in and bring the same documents... :cursing:

According to the SARS staff a block was placed on making any more pay outs by the computer (Wtf?).  My wife's income and tax is a straight forward simple one with no complexities. 

This used to be a department that ran without any hiccups.

What happened? :thumbdown:

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is not lekker, don't want to discuss my details, but similar situation and wanting certificates back from 2013.

I had issues last year, kept getting request for info/review/audit on 2015 return. Each time submitted docs same rubbish back. 

Then I went back to 2007 when my wife did modeling work and an employer submitted an IRP5 for her but she had not done a return. I submitted the 2007 return and boom, all sorted. Strange that it took so long to pick up and the fact it tagged the requests to 2015 return.

Similar problem for both me and the Wife.

Both of us has got a "block payment" on our SARS payouts (for relatively small amounts and a straight forward return)

Lady I spoke to on the 'phone told me to make sure I mention this fact to whomever helps me, otherwise the problem will persist.

We are both going in tomorrow with all our supporting documents.

Edited by Wannabe

i got part payment - they queried some of my medicals...but I still got paid the majority..my numbers lady is fighting them for the rest

Something is not lekker, don't want to discuss my details, but similar situation and wanting certificates back from 2013.

last year they wanted my return and supporting docs for 2007 (I was not registered nor tax liable then)

Cashflow..

http://www.biznews.com/sa-investing/2016/09/05/magnus-heystek-sa-enters-stage-running-out-peoples-money/

Almost unnoticed in between all the latest upheavals and shenanigans surrounding beleaguered finance minister Pravin Gordhan, was the announcement in Parliament by the South African Revenue Service commissioner Tom Moyane on August 23, that SA’s revenue collections are running way behind budgets, to the tune of R4.5 billion for the first three months of the current financial year, which started on March 1 2016.

I thought you only need to keep documents for 5 years?

I thought so to. but according to them I was supposed to submit a return

Reference: Section 29(3)(a) 13.2 Taxpayers who were meant to submit a return, but haven’t for that period Indefinite, until the return is submitted – then the 5-year rule applies

http://www.mdacc.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Retention-of-documents-updated-October-2013.pdf

I have the same issue. They want my 2006 return as it shows outstanding. I only registered in 2007 and have completed all returns since(also very straightforward) and received all pay-outs since then.

The company I worked for in 2006 doesn't exist anymore and I don't have docs from then, was earning peanuts and below tax threshold.

Anybody in the know?