[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

Event Name: The Bestmed Satellite Classic
When: 22 October 2016
Where: Saloon Route 66, Hartbeeshoek Road, Gauteng
Category: Road

The ever popular Bestmed Satellite Classic takes place in the vicinity of Hartbeespoort Dam in Gauteng on October 22.

The line-up of road races comprises of the 106km feature race and 80km option, both of which are premier seeding events for the Cape Town Cycle Tour – as well as a 60km route.

Participants will also be riding for a good cause as R10 for every entry received will be donated to the Cancer Association of South Africa.

Go to Event Page

Satelite Classic.png

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No number collection outside of business hours..

That seems a little unfair on people who work don't you think.

Nothing new here...

I have been told by Patch that I WILL be doing this one VA :thumbup: .

Wonder why ASG races are so much more to enter than the rest. Imagine what argus entry would be if it was ASG.................

I have been told by Patch that I WILL be doing this one VA :thumbup: .

Wonder why ASG races are so much more to enter than the rest. Imagine what argus entry would be if it was ASG.................

YAY.

When I asked ASG people about this, they said the higher cost was because they wanted to give better service hence they incurred more costs. Fair enough.

But to be honest, not allowing for after hours collections is not acceptable. If they want this, they should allow self registration. Can you confirm where it says this?

I entered a few races in one sitting last month:

Wilro - R230

Amashova - R390 (full road closure)

ASG Satellite - R355

Carnival - R320

Argus - R510 (full road closure)

Just for info.

Edited by Patchelicious

Yes, but only if you request a reseed at the 947.

Thanks very much for the info.

MTBer trying to get my head around road cycling seeding...so much more complicated than it needs to be. All is forgiven, saseeding.  

Thanks very much for the info.

MTBer trying to get my head around road cycling seeding...so much more complicated than it needs to be. All is forgiven, saseeding.

If you haven't entered yet, I'd suggest having a go at the 80km. If you're reasonably fit, you'll end up with a good enough seeding to get yourself ahead of the charity bunches.

If you haven't entered yet, I'd suggest having a go at the 80km. If you're reasonably fit, you'll end up with a good enough seeding to get yourself ahead of the charity bunches.

Noted, thanks v much.  

Rode wilro 114km from CL group over the weekend and survived in the absence of anything resembling a bunch or a draft.  

Definitely want to get closer to some peeps willing to share the load.

Go add your non ASG results to their seeding system otherwise you might have a problem and start at the back.  My index was 26 before I added now it came down to 12. Last ASG event I did was Satellite last year 

Edited by Slakkepas

Does this race count towards 947 seeding?  

Thanks in advance

Yes Not for 2016, but only if you request a reseed at the 947.

Corrected - the last seeding event for this year's 947 was yesterday (Wilro).

But Eon is correct in that you can apply for a reseed (at a cost) and provide them with proof of results - at registration.

Go add your non ASG results to their seeding system otherwise you might have a problem and start at the back.  My index was 26 before I added now it came down to 12. Last ASG event I did was Satellite last year 

wheer  Where do you find your seeding index for road races?

Edited by Oxter

• 3 weeks later...