[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

Just received confirmation that paid online entries will be able to collect numbers on the morning of race day...

They don't advertise that on the website though. I guess they don't want all of us rocking up on the day. I reckon we get the word out and try get as many people as we can to get there on the day to register.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure, the bunches should stick together now for that section, the climb used to split the bunches up..

I agree with you. You will get those climbs in the beginning of the race when the legs are still fresh, but they are to short and not steep enough to give a break away any real change to succeed. After that the road is fairly flat until Hekpoort which will give the main peleton enough time to catch up.

I predict that the main bunch will stay together until hekpoort and then all hell wil break loose.

The nice thing now is that you can really spend yourself on Hekpoort, becase after that you can literally free to the end.

I agree with you. You will get those climbs in the beginning of the race when the legs are still fresh, but they are to short and not steep enough to give a break away any real change to succeed. After that the road is fairly flat until Hekpoort which will give the main peleton enough time to catch up.

I predict that the main bunch will stay together until hekpoort and then all hell wil break loose.

The nice thing now is that you can really spend yourself on Hekpoort, becase after that you can literally free to the end.

Is there any other way on Hekpoort?! :whistling: 

According to Strava, from the LH turn that we would take on the old route after Hekpoort climb, there would be about a 2km climb @ about 2% to the finish. 

Where does BL fit into the picture?

Right between AL en CL

B is for B batch and L is for long distance.

B batch is basically the second best batch of the open seeded groups and start after the elites and racing vets.

not sure if this is what you wanted to know.

Starting in AL, 06h35

Fun :eek:  :clap: 

Also in AL- yes, it will be fun till hekpoort. If I can finish under 3H with the longer distance this year, I'll be more than happy.

Anyone else here going to register on the day?

Is it 100% confirmed we can?

I have no idea.

Fortunately collection on Friday is quite close.