2017 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR

You are correct Johann, a combination device would be ideal.

It would really work for me if the rider's name tags could keep the same colour......I don't understand why they change arbitrarily?

btw: Nice covering of snow on the Swartberg this morning #thatsoursummerwater

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eish. John M has to withdraw. House burnt down in Knysna. Very sad.

Terrible news. Thoughts are with you.

Eish. John M has to withdraw. House burnt down in Knysna. Very sad.

That is shocking news. 

Obviously not only for John but for everyone that has suffered .

My thoughts are with everyone.

Very sad news .

I see Phillipa and John B will be entertaining us this year with their route choices . Wish I was there with them to see all the new places . 

Very sad news .

I see Phillipa and John B will be entertaining us this year with their route choices . Wish I was there with them to see all the new places . 

Ja swaer!  My hair is became grey from dot watching. Now all that's left for me to do is pull out the remnants!!!

It would really work for me if the rider's name tags could keep the same colour......I don't understand why they change arbitrarily?

btw: Nice covering of snow on the Swartberg this morning #thatsoursummerwater

It was like -5 on my last bike ride on the 6th frozen pudlles and ponds on the shade sides of the Hills. I could just smell the snow in the air. Back on my home couch for dot watching now.

Not as lot of action currently but I already got a few candidates that I will be following closely . I just got this feeling that my 2015 efforts are gonna be put to shame . :clap:  

Shane done so well until now.....hope he corrects soon, otherwise the Lesotho border patrol could be chatting to him in about an hour or so.

The worst bit (for me) is watching him and resisting the urge to "help". I am pretty sure he knows where he is, just to decide whether he goes down and up or around ...................

Can I say, I simply love following this ride.

But, the comments on this thread are just as awesome.

I dont know which I like more, following the ride, or following the thread!

Shane done so well until now.....hope he corrects soon, otherwise the Lesotho border patrol could be chatting to him in about an hour or so.

He'll be fine that border post closed in 1978 and the police ar all at the shebeen on a sunday. Just needs to get back into RSa befroe 4 am monday

Can I say, I simply love following this ride.

But, the comments on this thread are just as awesome.

I dont know which I like more, following the ride, or following the thread!

This thread is the worst.......you sit here, deep in frustration watching other people having the experience of a lifetime.

It got so bad this morning I had to get on my bike :) But not for long as I had to get home in a hurry.....

This thread is the worst.......you sit here, deep in frustration watching other people having the experience of a lifetime.

It got so bad this morning I had to get on my bike :) But not for long as I had to get home in a hurry.....

I would really have loved to do this...but I would need a couple of years to reach the endurance levels required.My friends Stewart Lombard and Annie Labuschagne are in their second day and planning on 18 daysish in the saddle.Man thats tough

Archived