GoPro announces Karma drone, Hero5 lineup and more

News bot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some web whispering about footage from the Mavic....a bit soft, not as crisp as the P4....see Casey's footage...compromise or inherent to Youtube downscaling? Say it ain't so....

There's some web whispering about footage from the Mavic....a bit soft, not as crisp as the P4....see Casey's footage...compromise or inherent to Youtube downscaling? Say it ain't so....

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about Drones but wants to get one, I see the following in favour of the Karma:

- removable camera that i can use elsewhere

- removable gimble to provide stability elsewhere

- small & compact

- etc.

Against the Karma:

- no "follow-me" function

- no "come home" function

- no "object avoidance"

ps. still planning to ask Santa for one this X-mas

Edited by finallygotabike

For my money even the older Dji Phantom 3 Pro 4k still wins hands down, 2nd Dji Mavic and 3rd the GoPro Karma

Apparently there is some touch to focus that casey never used but that seems a little far fetched, at that distance from the subject everything should be in focused/focused at infinity?

Apparently there is some touch to focus that casey never used but that seems a little far fetched, at that distance from the subject everything should be in focused/focused at infinity?

Michael Shainblum explains it....

Just got my Hero 5 Black, currently setting it up and charging it. Can't wait to see the footage and editing it in FCP this evening. Stock of the Hero 5 Session will only arrive later this month.

Edit: Some raw video footage on my way home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yog53nkbVsM

Will need to invest in a external mic and recorder, wind too noisy.

Love the voice prompt and the iPhone app to view the live footage to see if the angle on the helmet is correct. Configuring the cam settings on the app also works like a charm.

post-4329-0-38021700-1475835896_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

Sheesh, that is impressive. It almost makes it look to smooth and not bumpy at all. Which is kinda sad really as it takes away from the "reality" of the ride - but on the other hand makes it look awesome.