GoPro announces Karma drone, Hero5 lineup and more

News bot

Enter the DJI Mavic! Things just got interesting!

Foot, meet mouth. The Karma is barely out of the gate and got shot. This is good, competition on the prosumer level will only drive improvement!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The down side to DJ, is they dont have a removable camera (unless you guys know otherwise?)

So you still need some kind of a camera to be able to use it when not using a drone.

At the moment that is a major draw card of the Karma (for me).

The down side to DJ, is they dont have a removable camera (unless you guys know otherwise?)

So you still need some kind of a camera to be able to use it when not using a drone.

At the moment that is a major draw card of the Karma (for me).

And that removable gimbal is flipping cool! 

No? Mavic Pro is $999, Karma is $800 sans camera?

well thats good news... initial reports were that the mavic was twice the price... real competition! 

well thats good news... initial reports were that the mavic was twice the price... real competition! 

Even cheaper if you don't take the controller...$750...you can fly it with your phone..(limited to wifi range tho')..better battery as well...27mins

Watch some of them, maybe watch this one... all the way to the end! (Its very early footage) 

In a few of them he talks about equipment etc... 

Will give it a go, there are quite a few forum member whose views I respect and you are one of them so I will at least give him another attempt.

I just wonder what the Frenchies will have to say about the new DJI product...the fact that the Mavic has collision avoidance and possibly follow me functionality (haven't managed to do research into this yet) makes it a better choice, plus the one thing is that you don't always need a controller to fly it...just a tablet...to fly close range stuff.

Also folds up smaller and so on...

The Karma's removable gimbal makes a nice feature but adds bulk to the design.

But a good gimbal is rather pricey on its own and very handy, having it removable really is a win, seamless solution.

Dear Father Christmas (aka Mrs Slowbee :clap: :eek:  :clap: )

I promise to finish the never ending house to do list in time for the family Christmas lunch.

Can I please have a drone ?