• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the start list published on their website - if you can read it

CRM4sA8h.jpg

attachicon.gifTelkom-947-Cycle-Challenge-Start-List-20161003.png

Looks like they had a nice re-look at the starting times of the BACK END guys and some of the earlier groups...I started in F last year @ 6:50 and this year F is @ 6:36.

Then again could mean BIGGER GROUPS...might not be such a good idea :eek:  time will tell...

you double lappers are crazy...

I may just do a 1.1 lap... 1 full lap, then back on the route and turn off at Crowthorne to my sisters place.

Think I will just have her drop me off at Monties to avoid traffic and I will roll down to the start.

Anyone know anything about this conundrum:

My girlfriend got a racing license about 2 months ago and did the Lost City race with the elite ladies and stuck with them to the finish. She also has a few older results from the alphabet soup (including a sub-3 947) that seem to be (understandably) disregarded by the PPA seeding and so her Lost City result is the only race contributing to her seeding index of 24.66.

She is 30 years old and so has been batched for this race with WA but she would like to race with the % bunch. I see in the results from last year there were ladies in different age classifications (even up to the 45-49 age group) that rode in the % group. I know in the men also there are often guys over 30 (the pros like Nolan Hoffman come to mind) that race with the elites. How do we go about applying to have her moved into that batch. To my mind, its not really a reseeding but rather an age reclassification?

Does she have an Elite licence or a Vets licence?

As the woman's race is a UCI-sanctioned event (1.1 IIRC) then only ladies with the appropriate licence can enter.

Next to UCI it should show 30-34, but below that, or above it, it should show 30-34 or Elite [Nat. Cat]. I don't have my licence, so I'm going on memory.

We have someone on our race team that is 50-54 (UCI) but that second category [Nat Cat] says 45-49 as he races VB (40-49) and not VC.

edit: it's called National Category.
Edited by geraldm24

I got a VA start without a racing license, normally start in A or B?  How does this work, do they see potential...?

There was a reason, but I can't remember where I read or heard it.

I will speak to the race officials when I next see them to confirm.

Sadly, potential wasn't one of the reasons - but don't let this reply take that away from you.

Looks like they had a nice re-look at the starting times of the BACK END guys and some of the earlier groups...I started in F last year @ 6:50 and this year F is @ 6:36.

Then again could mean BIGGER GROUPS...might not be such a good idea :eek:  time will tell...

Think bigger groups is exactly right. Last year I was number 14500 in I and this year I am 17106 in H

Does she have an Elite licence or a Vets licence?

As the woman's race is a UCI-sanctioned event (1.1 IIRC) then only ladies with the appropriate licence can enter.

Next to UCI it should show 30-34, but below that, or above it, it should show 30-34 or Elite [Nat. Cat]. I don't have my licence, so I'm going on memory.

We have someone on our race team that is 50-54 (UCI) but that second category [Nat Cat] says 45-49 as he races VB (40-49) and not VC.

edit: it's called National Category.

Darnit! At "Nat Cat Road" it says "Veteran Women 30-34".

So I suppose then this is something we would need to take up with CSA before approaching 947? Just to clarify then, should it be the UCI category or Nat Cat Road category that should be changed to Elite? Or Both?

Appreciate the help.

Darnit! At "Nat Cat Road" it says "Veteran Women 30-34".

So I suppose then this is something we would need to take up with CSA before approaching 947? Just to clarify then, should it be the UCI category or Nat Cat Road category that should be changed to Elite? Or Both?

Appreciate the help.

For Vets wanting to race in another category it works on the Nat Cat. As the 947 (woman's event) is a UCI sanctioned event, the rules differ somewhat.

Try the race office and ask them.

I know that any Elite-registered rider on a UCI-registered team is not allowed to race Vets. Not sure about the other way around, in your case.